Electrical Electronics Engineer vacancy
Electrical Electronics Engineer vacancy: Kromek has an immediate opening for an Electrical Electronics Engineer in the Application Development and Detector Design group, based at our new factory in Zelienople, Pennsylvania, USA.
The group investigates detector and system design, including front-end readout electronics, data flow, calibration, and end-use algorithms. We build proof-of-concept and product-ready prototypes in all key Kromek markets.
- Actively participate in design, implementation, verification, validation, and documentation of prototype and pilot designs for photon detection systems.
- Conduct tests, experiments, and characterization of prototypes. Document results, quantify performance and compile and publish reports.
- Coordinate development efforts with firmware and software developers.
Qualifications – Education
- B.S. or equivalent in Electrical/Electronics Engineering required. M.S. and/or industry experience preferred.
Skills and abilities
- Familiarity with electrical engineering and electronics development methodologies.
- Expert knowledge of analogue and digital electronics design.
- Expert knowledge of PCB design tools such as OrCAD or Altium.
- Knowledge of embedded and SOC systems.
- Ability to operate oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, signal/function generators, multimeters, data acquisition cards, and benchtop power supplies.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting and repair of mixed analogue/digital systems.
- Good written and oral communication skills, ability to clearly convey concepts and present results to others.
- Familiarity VHDL and/or Verilog.
- Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.