Would you like to work in a manufacturing environment that:
– Is customed designed and climate controlled (cool in summer, warm in winter?)
– Designs and manufactures detection technology devices using leading edge, almost one-of-a kind technology.
– Enables you to be involved in something more than “a job?
If yes, we have a great opportunity for you at Kromek. We are a leading producer of CZT (Cadmium, Zinc, Telluride) based radiation detectors used in several markets, including advanced medical imaging. Our products can detect cancers much earlier and more precisely, resulting in safer and healthier lives.
We have an opening for a Polishing operator on our Monday-Friday 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM schedule. This is a key role in our CZT based radiation detector production process in which you would mate detectors with substrates or electronics using various adhesives and methods.
- Prepping Polishing for the day
- Cleaning Wafers
- Dismounting Detectors to be Mounted
- Putting Thermal release Tape on Polishing Plates
- Cleaning Bottoms of Mounted Detector (Wafers) to be Mounted on Polishing Plates
- Mounting Detectors to Polishing Plated
- Cutting Pre-Cuts for Mounting
- Cutting Thermal release Tape for Polishing
- Making New Bowls for the Polishers
- Mounting paperwork
- Inspection and Dismounting
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent level of manual and visual dexterity – very fine motor skills
- Strong communication, time management, and organizational skills. Chain of command communication required
- Knowledge and prior use of measurement tools is helpful
- Patience and steadiness
- Instrumental in maintaining a safe and clean working environment and improving the safety culture
- Able to stand for long periods of time
What’s in it for you to join Kromek?
- Competitive pay and overtime opportunities
- Medical, dental, vision insurance (individual or family coverage)
- Monday – Friday, dayshift fixed work schedule
- Paid time off of up to 14 days annually
- 401(k) plan with company match – eligible after 3 months
- Company paid life, short term disability and long term disability insurance
We are located 2-4 minutes from Rt 19 and Rt 79 Evans City exit
Kromek is an equal opportunity employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from consideration for employment because of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, veteran status, marital status, or disabilities
Job Type: Full-time