Would you like to work in a manufacturing environment that:
- Is customed designed and climate controlled (cool in summer, warm in winter?)
- Designs and manufactures detection technology devices using leading edge, almost one-of-a kind technology?
- Enables you to be involved in something more than “a job?
If yes, we have a great opportunity for you at Kromek. We are leading producer of CZT (Cadmium, Zinc, Telluride) based radiation detectors used in several markets, including advanced medical imaging. Our products can detect cancers much earlier and more precisely, resulting in safer and healthier lives.
We have an opening for an Assembly Operator on our Monday-Friday 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM schedule. This is a key role in our CZT based radiation detector production process in which you would build and assemble the final product detector devices utilizing miniaturized soldering techniques via a microscope.
- Soldering small parts onto circuit board (PCB’s) through a microscope
- Small electrical assembly including cutting and stripping extremely fine wires (width of human hair) and miniaturized soldering onto a PCB via a microscope
- Soldering small Surface Mount Technology (SMT) resistors and capacitors onto a printed circuit board (PCB) via a microscope
- Ensure components are assembled correctly
- Follow work instructions and utilize detector device design drawings in the performance of the work
- Complete production documentation as necessary
- Wear personal protective equipment (electrostatic straps, gloves) in the performance of the work.
- Extremely fine attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to maintain focus for longer periods of time
- Ability to handle and assemble small and delicate parts.
- Ability to perform very precise and miniaturized soldering work via the use of a microscope.
- Excellent manual and visual dexterity
- Excellent hand to eye coordination
- Strong computer operation knowledge and computer navigation skills
- Ability to learn and comprehend work instructions, detector device design drawings.
- Ability to utilize a microscope and utilize very small hand tools
What’s in it for you to join Kromek?
- Competitive pay and overtime opportunities
- Medical, dental, vision insurance (individual or family coverage)
- Monday – Friday, dayshift fixed work schedule
- Paid time off of up to 14 days annually
- 401(k) plan with company match – eligible after 3 months
- Company paid life, short term disability and long term disability insurance
We are located 2-4 minutes from Rt 19 and Rt 79 Evans City exit
Kromek is an equal opportunity employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from consideration for employment because of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, veteran status, marital status, or disabilities
Job Type: Full-time