Would you like to work in a manufacturing environment that:
- Is customed designed and climate controlled (cool in summer, warm in winter?)
- Designs and manufactures detection technology devices using leading edge, almost one-of-a kind technology?
- Enables you to be involved in something more than “a job?
If yes, we have a great opportunity for you at Kromek. We are leading producer of CZT (Cadmium, Zinc, Telluride) based radiation detectors used in several markets, including advanced medical imaging. Our products can detect cancers much earlier and more precisely, resulting in safer and healthier lives.
We have an opening for a Bonding operator on our Monday-Friday 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM schedule. This is a key role in our CZT based radiation detector production process in which you would mate detectors with substrates or electronics using various adhesives and methods.
- Mix and use various epoxies to attach detectors to substrates, electronics housings.
- Underfill by filling the gap between the detector and substrate with epoxy
- Attach wires and contact bridges between detector surface and substrate/electronics/housings.
- Place detectors onto epoxy dots
- Operate various equipment and machines and use various tools to perform the key duties
- Complete production documentation as necessary
- Wear personal protective equipment (shoes, gloves) for the performance of the work
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent level of manual and visual dexterity – very fine motor skills
- Familiarity with scientific machinery and equipment is helpful
- Knowledge and prior use of measurement tools is helpful
- Patience and steadiness
- Ability to learn computer programs
- Able to stand for long periods of time
What’s in it for you to join Kromek?
- Competitive pay and overtime opportunities
- Medical, dental, vision insurance (individual or family coverage)
- Monday – Friday, dayshift fixed work schedule
- Paid time off of up to 14 days annually
- 401(k) plan with company match – eligible after 3 months
- Company paid life, short term disability and long term disability insurance
We are located 2-4 minutes from Rt 19 and Rt 79 Evans City exit.
Kromek is an equal opportunity employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from consideration for employment because of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, veteran status, marital status, or disabilities
Job Type: Full-time