RadAngel – entry level CZT gamma-ray radioisotope detector
The RadAngel is an ideal entry level CZT-based, portable gamma-ray spectrometer that can be utilised for educational purposes in teaching concepts of radiation as well as for training in the use of radiation sensors. The unit is completely self-contained, with a built-in detector, amplifiers, power supply and communications. The digitized detector signals are sent to a PC via a mini-USB which also powers the unit.
Ideally suited for individual or small group projects, laboratory-based teaching, classroom demonstrations and field studies.
RadAngel gamma-ray spectrometer features:
- Room temperature operation, no cooling required.
- High efficiency.
- High spectral resolution.
- Compact size.
- Simple to use.
- CZT solid-state detector.
- USB powered with rechargeable lithium-ion battery onboard.
RadAngel gamma-ray spectrometer specifications:
- Detector: 5x5x5 mm CZT detector.
- Energy range: 40 keV to 1500 keV.
- Energy resolution: <3.5% FWHM @ 662 keV.
- Electronic noise: <0.1 (events/second).
- Max throughout (USB): 30,000 cps.
- Number of channels: 4096 (12 bit).
- Power consumption: 880 mW (175mA at 5V).
See the full description on the RadAngel gamma detector page.
We have a full range of CZT and scintillator detectors for research and commercial use.Back to Latest