N101 Kromek VTF voltage to frequency converter
The N101 Kromek VTF voltage to frequency converter is a product we have been making for many years now but it has not had much love online. That has all changed because we have just published a new page featuring the VTF voltage to frequency converter module on the website.
It is one of the more niche products we make but it is essential if you are engaged in high energy physics with a nuclear accelerator or synchrotron.
The N101 Kromek VTF voltage to frequency converter module is sized to fit into a single width NIM module and has the highest rated state-of-the-art instrumentation amplifier and VTF integrated circuits.
These units are made by the Kromek team in California who have supplied over a hundred high-energy physics facilities with the module and can ship them worldwide.
And of course, if you need some gamma or neutron radiation detectors to go with your Kromek VTF voltage to frequency converter module then we can supply those too.
The N101 Kromek VTF voltage to frequency converter features:
- Ultra-high linearity, <= 50 PPM full scale @ 1 MHz range Voltage-to Frequency (VTF) converter.
- Measured linearity of some typical channels < 30 Hz in the mid-range.
- Four fully decoupled independent channels.
- Undetectable crosstalk between channels.
- Immunity to feedback from large and fast-rising voltage swings in different channels.
- Two outputs per channel.
- Zero to 10-volt (or internal switch selectable 0 to 5-volt) input range.
- Four selectable gains; x1 (accurate calibrated default), x2, x5 & x10 (<= 3% accuracy).
- Accepts positive (default) or negative (internal switch selectable) input polarities.
- Accurate 1 MHz clock output from internal 4 MHz common clock circuit.
- Onboard ultra-high stability 0 to 10 V reference voltage output for calibration, (onboard pad for 5-volt output).
- TTL output frequency range 0 to 1 MHz (2 MHz output is internal jumper selectable).
- All frequency outputs, including the 1 MHz clock, can drive a 50-ohm cable.
- Independent potentiometers for calibrating VTF & instrumentation amplifier modules on each channel.
- Highest rated state of the art instrumentation amplifier and VTF integrated circuits.
- Single width NIM module.
Back to Latest