Kromek (AIM: KMK), a worldwide supplier of detection technology focusing on the medical, security screening and nuclear markets, announces its final results for the year ended 30 April 2021.
- Revenue of £10.4m (2020: £13.1m)
- Gross margin was 48.4% (2020: 47.3%)
- Adjusted EBITDA* loss of £1.7m (2020: £0.4m loss)
- Loss before tax was £6.3m (2020: £18.3m loss)
- Cash and cash equivalents at 30 April 2021 were £15.6m (30 April 2020: £9.4m)
- Adjusted EBITDA is defined as earnings before interest, taxation, depreciation, amortisation, exceptional items, early settlement discounts and share-based payments. For further details, see the Financial Review below.
Dr Arnab Basu, CEO of Kromek, said: “Against a backdrop of significant global uncertainty, Kromek has emerged from the 2021 financial year in a stronger position than when we entered. While the disruption across our markets in the early part of the year impacted our sales, our revenue for the second half was 26% above the first half, with the strong momentum continuing post year end. In particular, we are seeing continued traction in the medical imaging segment as our customers increasingly roll out their products incorporating our technology. We are extremely encouraged by the results that we are receiving from the piloting of our biological-threat detection solution. We also believe that we are well-positioned to benefit from the increase in government defence and security spending globally, including in the UK, as evidenced by our announcement today of the receipt of our first major order for our D5 RIID.
As a result, and with excellent visibility over full year forecasts, we are on track to deliver our highest ever annual revenue for the full year to 30 April 2022, representing significant growth over 2021. Consequently, and combined with the successful fundraising completed in the year under review, we are well-placed to capitalise on the substantial opportunities across our business and the Board continues to look to the future with increased confidence.”
See full end year results year
Back to Latest