2. Radiation detector unit and payload bay
Sensors and micro-controller including battery all enclosed within one container mounted on a universal gimbal. Multiple gamma spectrometers can be connected to one unit and work simultaneously. The unit is designed for:
- Kromek GR1 10 x 10 x 10 mm CZT based detector. Energy resolution @ 662 keV (21°C operation) <2.5% FWHM. Energy Range 30 keV – 3.0 MeV
- Kromek SIGMA 50 25.4 x 25.4 x 25.4 mm CsI(Tl) scintillation radiation detector. Energy resolution @ 662 keV (21°C operation) <7.2% FWHM. Energy Range 50 keV – 1.5 MeV
3. Gamma spectroscopy and mapping software
10Hz snapshot rate of units data providing high resolution at speed, count per second (CPS) and spectral data transmitted simultaneously every 1 second.
Data in mapping application includes CPS over time; energy spectrum; CPS and location; dose estimation; isotope characterisation.
4. Flight training and set-up
The UAV training course covers learning to fly, mission planning, use of software and other operational concepts.