Vacancies at Kromek USA for physicists and engineers
Kromek Group plc is an international technology group and a leading developer of high-performance radiation detection products based on cadmium zinc telluride (CZT also known as CdZnTe) and other advanced technologies. Using its core technology platforms, Kromek designs, develops and produces x-ray and gamma-ray imaging and radiation detection products for the medical, security screening, Homeland Security and civil nuclear markets. The Group has operations in the UK and US with over 120 employees including 15 PhD scientists. We have a range of vacancies at Kromek USA for physicists and engineers.
Vacancies at our site in Pennsylvania, USA
All these vacancies are with our Application Development and Detector Design group. The group investigates detector and system design, including front-end readout electronics, data flow, calibration, and end-use algorithms. We build proof-of-concept and product-ready prototypes in all key Kromek markets: civil nuclear, CBRNe threat detection and medical scanning.
Become part of a team that develops real-world enriching applications including X-ray based Bone Densitometry, Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT) medical imaging, baggage and Homeland Security scanners.
Detector Physicist/Engineer vacancy
- Develop and refine applications and detector designs.
- Translate ideas into testable prototypes, product requirements and specifications in conjunction with customers and engineers.
- Conduct simulations and lab experiments in order to understand the impact of a detector, signal processing electronics and calibration methods on overall system performance.
- Document, present and review new ideas, research details and conclusions.
Test Engineer vacancy
- Collect and analyze data to support ongoing photon detector technology development.
- Actively participate in the construction and test of photon detection systems.
- Write documentation for proper use of prototypes and test fixtures.
- Provide troubleshooting support and assist in the maintenance and upgrade of existing systems.
Electrical/Electronics Engineer vacancy
- Actively participate in design, implementation, verification, validation, and documentation of prototype and pilot designs for photon detection systems.
- Conduct tests, experiments, and characterization of prototypes. Document results, quantify performance, and compile and publish reports.
- Coordinate development efforts with firmware and software developers.