Senior Semiconductor Manufacturing Process Engineer vacancy
Kromek has an immediate opening for a Process Engineer working in the engineering team reporting to the Director of Operations, focusing on semiconductor fabrication and chip assembly processes. Will be responsible for cleanroom fabrication processes, chip assembly and quality testing.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a semiconductor process engineering role is required.
The ideal candidate will have a broad base and proven track record in high technology semiconductor (silicon, MEMs, other semiconductor sensors) or electronic device manufacturing organization. They will be a structured problem solver. They will have a deep background in process design, improvement and implementation to improve quality, yield and cost.
- Team expert in semiconductor chip or MEMs fabrication, including chip assembly technologies. Will have deep experience in one or more of the following disciplines
- Chemical Mechanical Polishing
- Patterning, Resists, Exposure tools, masks and metrology
- Thin-film deposition
- Etching either wet chemistry or dry plasma
- Represents the manufacturing process in the new product development teams to ensure that new products for the fabrication line are developed with manufacturing scale built into the design.
- Owns the manufacturing process flow and supports the operators and technicians with expert help and leadership in problem-solving.
- Trains the manufacturing team through education and being an example of the use of process quality improvement tools.
- Continuously improve yield and quality of the existing processes through the use of root cause problem-solving skills, Pareto, cause and effect, designed experiments.
- Expert in SPC and use of process capability metrics, Cp, Cpk to drive improvement where required.
B.S. or equivalent in Electrical/Electronics, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering required. M.S. and/or industry experience preferred.