New rugged phone for D3S radiation detector
The Sonim XP8 is now the standard rugged smartphone across the D3S wearable radiation detector range (D3S PRD personal radiation detector and D3S ID radiation detector with full reachback, with D3S NET the full SIGMA network-compatible radiation detector coming soon).
The Sonim XP8 is an extremely rugged mobile handset, for workers in demanding and harsh environments.
Standardising on a non-consumer smartphone means the D3S user is not subject to the rapid product changeover cycle that consumer-grade phones experience, you also get a smartphone that can survive a patrol.
Key features of the Sonim XP8
- Certified Non-incendive Class I, II & III, Division 2: for use with gases, vapours, combustible dust, fibres.
- Rated IP6X – wholly sealed against the intrusion of microparticles.
- Rated IPX8, designed to survive in water, up to 6.5 feet deep for 30 minutes, with IPX9 for resistance to high-temperature pressure wash.
- Resistant to 6.5-foot drop onto concrete from any angle.
- Hardened rubber moulded housing can withstand up to 4J of impact energy.
- Fully operational from -4° F to 131° F (-20° C to 55° C).
- You can use the display and keys with wet fingers and heavy work gloves.
- It weighs 335g (11.8oz).
Sonim XP8 Rugged Certifications
Class I, Div 2, Groups A, B, C, D; Class II & III, Div 2, Groups E, F, G; MIL-STD-810G; IP-68 / IP-69.
Do you need a more covert phone
If you want a different smartphone, our experts will let you know if we can run the radiation analysis app on that model. If it is one of the latest smartphones, it is unlikely to present a problem.
The optional rugged case for the D3S has a special cutout to precisely fit the Sonim smartphone, but can be changed to fit other smartphones.
D3S wearable personal radiation detector is ready for your mission, whatever your mission
The D3S range of personal radiation detectors replaces PRD personal radiation detectors, SPRD spectroscopic personal radiation detectors and RIID radioisotope identification device with ONE device that fulfils all these functions.
The D3S PRD can function as a search only dose measurement PRD but at the press of a button in the app it can also show isotope identification and with an over the air app upgrade transforms into a fully-featured RIID with reachback and emailable report files including pictures. This makes the D3S range one of the most flexible and cost-effective radiation detection solutions available today.
Choose the model you need now and upgrade later. See the full range of D3S wearable radiation detectors here.