SCINT2019 at Sendai, Japan
[Conference] 2019 September 29 (Sun.) – October 4 (Fri.)
Dr Adam Tuff one of Kromek’s senior physicists is attending this conference on scintillating materials and their applications.
Scientific Topics covered at the SCINT 2019:
– Novel scintillators, including nanotechnologies and hybrid materials.
– Scintillation characterization, with special consideration for ultrafast transient phenomena.
– Scintillation mechanisms, with a particular focus on non-proportionality, new phenomena leading to fast luminescence and energy deposition in nanosystems.
– Defect and radiation damage, in connexion to new high luminosity large instrument (accelerator, synchrotron).
– Scintillator growth and production for crystals, films, hybrid and nanostructure.
– New needs for applications of scintillators: Neutron detection, fast imaging, Dark matter search.
– Scintillator integration in detection chains.