PEO Radiation Detection Drone Day: Evolution & Developments
PEO Radiation Technology our distributor for all the Benelux countries – Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg – has organised a day to demonstrate radiation mapping drones
The following spectrometric detection techniques will be discussed:
• Cadmium Zinc Telluride (CZT) detectors – high resolution at room temperature;
• Thallium activated Cesium Iodide (CsI (TI)) detectors;
• Internet of Things monitoring (IoT) D3S portable network or stand-alone RIID.
This day is also dominated by drone technology and airborne radiation mapping and technology to detect radiation and easily identify safety risks.
09.30 – 10.00
Reception and breakfast
10.00 – 10.05
Welcome and introduction
Peter Dejonge – Director PEO Radiation Technology Belgium
10.05 – 11.00
Radiation detection solutions for a variety of situations (Raymon10, SIGMA and GR1)
Angus De Villiers Sales & marketing manager Kromek
11.00 – 11.15
11.15 – 11.45
D3S (ID & NET) gamma-neutron detector: the new safety standard
Craig Duff – D3S product specialist – Kromek
11.45 – 12.15
New drone technology: autonomous airborne radiation mapping
12.15 – 13.00
13.15 – 15.00
15.00 – 16:00
Drone Airborne Radiation Mapping Demo
How to register
You must register for the event: https://www.peo-radiation-technology.com/inschrijving-peo-stralingsdetectie-evolutie-en-ontwikkelingen/
You can read more about the Kromek range of radiation detector drones on these pages of our website:
- UAV drones for radiation mapping.
- UGV drone rover for radiation mapping in hard to reach places.
- Kromek drones (as well as some smaller lower cost models) have been used recently to map areas around Chernobyl.
- The Kromek D3S has also been used on drones providing a radiation count for both gamma and neutron radiation in one device.