We have an exciting opportunity for a THM Crystal Growth Furnace Operator to join our team in NETPark, Sedgefield, County Durham. This is a full-time role with an immediate start for the right candidate.
THM Crystal Growth Furnace Operator responsibilities
- Loading and monitoring the furnaces.
- Collecting and gathering relevant data.
- Ensure testing is carried out in accordance with the relevant procedures.
- Participate in company safety initiatives.
- Work to provide results in a timely manner.
- Assist with improvements to procedures, equipment, operating methods etc. to increase efficiency.
- Offloading in a safe and efficient manner.
THM Crystal Growth Furnace Operator requirements
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload.
- Strong team working and interpersonal skills.
- Appreciation for Health and Safety.
- Pays attention to detail and able to follow procedures.
- Ability to record data manually & electronically.
- Flexible and able to work shifts (6:00AM – 14:00PM, 14:00PM – 22:00PM).
- Possible lab experience would be advantageous.
- Having an insight or knowledge of operating the furnaces would be advantageous, however, training will be provided.
Kromek Group plc provides design and high-volume supply of both hardware and software of CZT solid-state radiation detectors and scintillation radiation detector components and finished products. We supply the medical OEM, civil nuclear and security sectors.
We manufacture in both the UK and the US, supplying worldwide through direct sales and a network of distributors and resellers.
Kromek Headquarters County Durham, UK
Our product offering ranges from x-ray and gamma ray detector sub-assemblies for OEMs to end-user radiation detector products ready to go straight out of the box.
The THM furnaces are used in the initial preparation of CZT.