The nature of this role is splitting into three main areas. The successful candidate will be participating in the design and development of test fixture hardware and software (40%). In addition to that it will be required to provide troubleshooting and support of existing fixtures (30%). Lastly, 30% of this position will involve troubleshooting, debugging, and enhancing legacy software. They will participate in software design, implementation, verification and validation for new products.
Responsibilities and duties
Test Fixture Development and Production Support:
- Actively participate in design, implementation, verification, and validation of new test fixtures including software
- Work closely with NPD Engineering to effectively translate the critical specifications to develop a robust test system to ensure proper and complete testing of the manufacturing process.
- Provide software/hardware troubleshooting and support for production test fixtures.
- Develop documentation (assembly and test instructions) to support the integration of the test system into manufacturing.
- Assist in the maintenance of, and upgrades to, existing test engineering software.
- Work closely with the production operators to transition and train new systems into manufacturing.
- Database support in conjunction with the goals of manufacturing engineering
- Develop a system to track key process indicators.
- Implement statistical process control when and where applicable.
Essential skills and experience
- Working knowledge of PC hardware and networking.
- Working knowledge of Personal computers including Linux and Windows operating systems
- Advanced knowledge of LabVIEW for data collection and measurement control
- Intermediate knowledge of C++ and Python.
- Experience interfacing with and operating oscilloscopes, signal/function generators, mustimeters, and data acquisition cards.
- Proficiency in trouble shooting and repair of mixed analog/digital systems.
- Understanding of ISO9001.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with attention to detail. Neat and organized work habits.
- Good written and oral communication skills, ability to clearly convey concepts and present results to others.
- BS in Computer / Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 3-5 years of work experience in an engineering environment.
Desired skills and experience
- Familiarity with relational databases.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Understanding of USB and TCP/IP communication protocols.
- Working knowledge of FPGA operation and programming.
- Familiarity with architecture of test engineering systems.
- Knowledge of data analysis, descriptive statistics, and algorithms
- Requires visual acuity (visual ability to resolve fine detail) and manual dexterity (fine hand and finger movements).
- Requires limited supervision for routine processes, can implement changes with detailed instruction.
- Must be available for overtime work.
- Must be able to lift at least 10lbs frequently; up to 35lbs occasionally, and heavier weights with assistance.
- Must be able to wear required safety protective equipment including but not limited to safety shoes and glasses.
- May work in a clean room environment and wear clean room attire.
- Must be able to work with or around chemicals.
Kromek Group plc is an international technology group (global HQ in the UK) and a leading developer and supplier of high-performance radiological and biological detection products as well as other advanced technologies. Using its technology platforms, Kromek designs, develops and produces x-ray and gamma-ray imaging and biological and radiation detection products for the medical, CBRNe security, Homeland Security and civil nuclear radiation detection markets.
The Group’s business model provides a vertically integrated technology offering to customers, from proof of concept to finished products, including software, electronics, mechanics and application specific integrated circuits (ASICs).
One of the Group’s products provides high-precision genome sequence information of pathogens found in air, bodily fluids and on surfaces, so, the technology is used for the detection and identification of infectious agents.
The Group has operations in the UK and US (California and Pennsylvania) and sells internationally through a combination of distributors, OEM and direct sales.