Test Engineer vacancy
Test Engineer vacancy: Kromek has an immediate opening for a Test Engineer in the Application Development and Detector Design group. This group is based in our new state of the art factory in Zelienople, Pennsylvania, USA. The group investigates detector and system design, including front-end readout electronics, data flow, calibration, and end-use algorithms. We build proof-of-concept and product-ready prototypes in all key Kromek markets.
- Collect and analyze data to support ongoing photon detector technology development.
- Actively participate in the construction and test of photon detection systems.
- Write documentation for proper use of prototypes and test fixtures.
- Provide troubleshooting support and assist in the maintenance and upgrade of existing systems.
- B.S. or equivalent in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Electro-Optics, Physics, Nuclear Physics, or equivalent.
Skills and abilities
- Ability to perform system and subcomponent level testing.
- Working knowledge of analogue and digital electronics.
- Ability to operate oscilloscopes, signal/function generators, multimeters, data acquisition cards, and benchtop power supplies.
- Working knowledge of personal computers including Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Familiarity with software for data analysis, basic descriptive statistics, and plotting.
- Good written and oral communication skills, ability to clearly convey concepts and present results to others.
- Solid understanding of general physics; familiarity with nuclear, semiconductor, and radiation physics.
- Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.