Kromek is continually developing CBRNE sensor devices and technologies for early identification of threats.
This new CBRNE detector project, in collaboration with key partners, will develop leading-edge technology and transition through into end products for real-world deployment.
Critical to the success of the project will be ensuring the technology meets the needs of the stakeholders, system integrators, and end users; the Technical Lead will work with all parties to ensure this.
Following the development project, the successful candidate will manage the technology through field trials and adoption into the security sector. The role will involve some travel, which will be mainly UK based, with some occasional international travel.
- Define the system performance requirements and own the technical specification.
- Sub-contractor technical management.
- Map end-system specifications & requirements.
- Perform design trade-offs on end-system performance.
- Integration of sub-system components into a system.
- Provide technical vision for all aspects of the system.
- Evaluate system performance and validation to specification.
- Compile customer deliverable technical reports.
The successful candidate should have a background in the development and ownership of new technology to meet end-user needs, to budget and timescales.
Essential skills and experience
- Must have experience of leading the development of a new technology leading to product realisation of the technology.
- Will own the technology vision for the system and will work alongside the project manager with responsibility for delivering the technical results.
- Should be driven and self-motivated to facilitate the development and adoption of a what will be a game-changing technology.
- Proven experience in influencing people with a wide range of technical and operational experience across different sites and organisations.
- A track record of successful delivery of stakeholder expectations.
- Science degree qualified.
- Minimum of eight years relevant experience in technology development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Desirable skills and experience
- Over ten years of relevant experience in technology development projects and product realisation.
- Experience in air and liquid analysis techniques.
- Experience in microfluidics.
- Experience of working in demanding technology development projects.
- A PhD in an appropriate subject.
- Experience of taking a technology through to adoption.
You will be working with some of the best and brightest in the industry where you will be allowed to develop your career to your fullest potential. In addition to the excellent salary and (if needed) a relocation package, Kromek also offers:
- Life Assurance.
- Shareholder Pension Scheme.
- Share Options.
- Private Health Insurance Scheme.
- 25 Days holiday plus statutory days.
Need more details
To get more details of the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org.