Kromek is looking for an Sustaining Engineer / Product Owner to join its team in Sedgefield. The successful candidate must have good technical skills and be familiar with a high mix product manufacturing environment. They must be able to operate as part of a multi-discipline team in a highly dynamic environment. They will be experienced in delivering robust solutions to ensure quality timely output.
Responsibilities and duties
- Owns all engineering and production aspects of the product.
- Develops robust testing regimes to deliver quality in products to the customer.
- Produces production floor documentation to enable efficient manufacture
- Delivers cost down and supplier qualification projects
- Develops, owns, and executes product improvement roadmap
- Managing bespoke solutions from specification through to delivery
- Ownership of device regulatory compliance (CE, TUV etc)
- Working with customers to manage product support and deliver training
- Closely working with sales team for lead times, technical queries, forecasting and planning.
Essential skills and experience
- 3 years’ experience in high tech manufacturing environment
- Ownership of parts of manufacturing process
- Evidence of logical problem-solving nature to identify root cause.
- Data handling and processing skills to summarise and allow decision making
- Detail organiser and planner
Desirable skills and experience
- Radiation products experience
- Electronic product manufacturing experience.
- Lean manufacturing
- Life Assurance.
- Stakeholder pension scheme.
- Share Options.
- Private Health Insurance Scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus statutory days.
Kromek Group plc is an international technology group (global HQ in the UK) and a leading developer and supplier of high-performance radiological and biological detection products as well as other advanced technologies. Using its technology platforms, Kromek designs, develops and produces x-ray and gamma-ray imaging and biological and radiation detection products for the medical, CBRNe security, Homeland Security and civil nuclear radiation detection markets.
The Group’s business model provides a vertically integrated technology offering to customers, from proof of concept to finished products, including software, electronics, mechanics and application specific integrated circuits (ASICs).
One of the Group’s products provides high-precision genome sequence information of pathogens found in air, bodily fluids and on surfaces, so, the technology is used for the detection and identification of infectious agents.
The Group has operations in the UK and US (California and Pennsylvania) and sells internationally through a combination of distributors, OEM and direct sales.