We are in search of a Supply Chain Manager to development and implement a supply chain strategy and system as part of our efforts at attaining world-class status. If you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and have a strong passion for supply chain excellence, this role offers a unique opportunity to make a meaningful impact.
Kromek Group plc is a pioneering technology company at the forefront of radiation and biological solutions. With a global impact across Civil Nuclear, Security & Defence, Biological Threat Detection, Medical, and Industrial & Security markets, we are committed to making the world a healthier and safer place. Our innovative products, including Cadmium Zinc Telluride (CZT), have set industry standards for detection capabilities, enabling us to revolutionize various sectors, from medical diagnostics to hazardous material analysis.
Kromek is undergoing a significant transformation, evolving from a scientific and R&D-focused organization into one that encompasses science, engineering, and manufacturing. We manufacture both customized, low-volume products for specialized academic and research clients and standardized, high-volume products for commercial customers. Our mission is to become a versatile manufacturing entity, servicing a wide range of customers using consistent equipment and manufacturing processes.
The Supply Chain Manager will develop and refine systems, processes and activities associated with Kromek’s supply chain.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Establishes Kromek’s Advanced Imaging Division supply chain strategy.
- Analyzes data from shipping and delivery processes to find bottlenecks and other issues.
- Establishes supply chain performance metrics and evaluates and reports on them.
- Monitors logistics to make sure they run smoothly.
- Maintains supply chain inventory and records.
- Maintains required quantity of supplies and materials to optimize production.
- Develops and maintains a system for inspection and inventories of materials and supplies.
- Finds cost effective solutions for supply chain processes.
- Resolves issues that arise (delays in delivery, vendor payments)
- Collaborates with other departments to create coordinated plans for business growth.
- Ensures supply chain processes meet legal requirements and standards.
- Communicates and negotiates with suppliers and vendors to attain more profitable supplier deals and arrangements.
- Reviews and refines supply chain and purchasing processes.
- Develops and implements a basic ERP system.
- Participates on the product development team, providing information and guidance on availability and cost of supplies and materials.
- Monitors the performance of suppliers, assessing their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Identifies and qualifies new suppliers in collaboration with other departments.
- Maintains positive relationships with suppliers and vendors.
- Ensures customer satisfaction with timely deliveries.
- Protects the Kromek brand, image, and reliability.
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the department.
- Coaches and develops procurement, inventory, shipping, receiving personnel
- B.S. Degree in Engineering, Business or related field required; M.S. degree preferred.
- Three or more years of supply chain management experience required.
- Supply chain management experience in the semi-conductor, electronics or science-based manufacturing industries desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, shippers, and customers.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of company products and logistics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Understanding of distribution and logistics
- Familiarity with enterprise resource planning (ERP) software like Oracle and Sage
- Insight into economic conditions and market dynamics
- Interest in innovative technologies, such as automation software
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers and vendors.
- Ability to identify and source new suppliers and vendors.
Join Kromek and be part of a dynamic team working towards a safer and healthier world through cutting-edge technology and manufacturing excellence.
Kromek is an equal opportunity employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from consideration for employment because of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, veteran status, marital status, or disabilities