We have an opportunity to join the Kromek UK team as a Software Engineer. The person we are looking for must be familiar with software development best practices, such as agile development, design patterns and software configuration management.
- Working with the multi-disciplined product development team to deliver quality solutions
- Developing and maintaining key software solutions for both products and in house use
- Checking product functionality against requirements
- Desire to write code, which is clean, simple, easy for others to debug, maintain, extend and understand
- Focused with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Degree level or equivalent in a relevant computing, software, or engineering subject
- Strong C# and/or C++
- Microsoft windows development / .NET (core & standard) / WPF
- MVVM coding style / SOLID principles / Design patterns
- GIT or SVN version control
- Agile (specifically SCRUM) development experience
- Azure DevOps or Equivalent
- Excellent Microsoft Visual Studio skills
- Linux development
- CMAKE (cross platform)
- experience of working with radiation, electronics and/or scientific products
- Understanding of development processes including milestone planning
- Office 365 experience (eg MS Office, MS Teams, SharePoint)
- Communication protocols (eg USB, Bluetooth, Ethernet)
- Life assurance 3 x salary
- Share options vesting over 3-year period
- 25 days holiday (pro-rated) + statutory days
- Option to join the Kromek pension scheme, which is with Aviva, Kromek match up to 5% when employee passes their probation period
- Option to join the private medical scheme, which Kromek pay for
Kromek Group plc is an international technology group (global HQ in the UK) and a leading developer and supplier of high-performance radiological and biological detection products as well as other advanced technologies. Using its technology platforms, Kromek designs, develops and produces x-ray and gamma-ray imaging and biological and radiation detection products for the medical, CBRNe security, Homeland Security and civil nuclear radiation detection markets.
The Group’s business model provides a vertically integrated technology offering to customers, from proof of concept to finished products, including software, electronics, mechanics and application specific integrated circuits (ASICs).
The Group has operations in the UK and US (California and Pennsylvania) and sells internationally through a combination of distributors, OEM and direct sales.