Kromek have an opportunity for experienced Software Engineer to join our System Engineering team. The person we are looking for must have good technical skills but equally must be familiar with software development best practices, such as Agile development, design patterns and software configuration management. They must be able to operate as part of a multi-discipline team in a highly dynamic environment and willing to travel on occasion.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Working with the multi-disciplined product development team to deliver quality solutions
- Developing and maintaining key software solutions for both products and in house use
- Checking product functionality against requirements
- Energetic and enthusiastic with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Able to reach great decisions through a process of communication with peers
- Able to easily pick up new technologies
- Focused with an excellent attention to detail
- Desire to write code, which is clean, simple, easy for others to debug, maintain, extend and understand
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Essential skills and experience
- Strong C# and/or C++
- Microsoft Windows development / .NET (core, standard) / WPF
- MVVM coding style / SOLID principles /Design patterns
- GIT or SVN version control
- Agile (specifically SCRUM) development experience
- Azure DevOps or equivalent
- Excellent Microsoft Visual Studio skills
Desired skills and experience
- Linux development
- CMAKE (Cross Platform)
- Experience of working with radiation, electronics and/or scientific products
- Understanding of development processes including milestone planning
- Office 365 experience (eg MS Office, MS Teams, SharePoint)
- Life Assurance.
- Stakeholder pension scheme.
- Share Options.
- Private Health Insurance Scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus statutory days.
Kromek Group plc is an international technology group (global HQ in the UK) and a leading developer and supplier of high-performance radiological and biological detection products as well as other advanced technologies. Using its technology platforms, Kromek designs, develops and produces x-ray and gamma-ray imaging and biological and radiation detection products for the medical, CBRNe security, Homeland Security and civil nuclear radiation detection markets.
The Group’s business model provides a vertically integrated technology offering to customers, from proof of concept to finished products, including software, electronics, mechanics and application specific integrated circuits (ASICs).
One of the Group’s products provides high-precision genome sequence information of pathogens found in air, bodily fluids and on surfaces, so, the technology is used for the detection and identification of infectious agents.
The Group has operations in the UK and US (California and Pennsylvania) and sells internationally through a combination of distributors, OEM and direct sales.