Kromek has an immediate opening for a Process Engineer working in the engineering team reporting to the Director of Operations, focusing on semiconductor fabrication and chip assembly processes. Will be responsible for cleanroom fabrication processes, chip assembly and quality testing.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a semiconductor process engineering role is required.
The ideal candidate will have a broad base and proven track record in high technology semiconductor (silicon, MEMs, other semiconductor sensors) or electronic device manufacturing organization. They will be a structured problem solver. They will have a deep background in process design, improvement and implementation to improve quality, yield and cost.
- Team expert in semiconductor chip or MEMs fabrication, including chip assembly technologies. Will have deep experience in one or more of the following disciplines
- Chemical Mechanical Polishing
- Patterning, Resists, Exposure tools, masks and metrology
- Thin-film deposition
- Etching either wet chemistry or dry plasma
- Represents the manufacturing process in the new product development teams to ensure that new products for the fabrication line are developed with manufacturing scale built into the design.
- Owns the manufacturing process flow and supports the operators and technicians with expert help and leadership in problem solving.
- Trains the manufacturing team through education and being an example of the use of process quality improvement tools.
- Continuously improve yield and quality of the existing processes through the use of root cause problem-solving skills, Pareto, cause and effect, designed experiments.
- Expert in SPC and use of process capability metrics, Cp, Cpk to drive improvement where required.
B.S. or equivalent in Electrical/Electronics, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering required. M.S. and/or industry experience preferred.
Skills and abilities
- Experience across a broad range of manufacturing KPIs such as yield, cost, quality throughout the process flow.
- A deep and proven expert in root cause problem solving, owning problems until solved, and communicating both internally and externally on the progress
- Continuously seeks opportunities to improve process dimensions of cost, quality, yield, cycle time and reducing waste
- Uses data to communicate and influence
- Team player but driven to lead the improvement agenda
- Demonstrated capability to use Lean toolsets to deliver cost quality and significant value.
- Comfortable in ISO 9001 environment.
- Willing to take ownership of problems and be accountable for leading the team towards root cause solutions.
Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Kromek is an equal opportunity employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from consideration for employment because of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, veteran status, marital status or disabilities.