Kromek has an immediate opening for a Senior Electrical Engineer in the New Product Development group. Kromek specializes in the design, development, production (manufacturing) and marketing of detectors, ASICs, integrated circuits, detector modules and imaging subsystems.
You will be a member of an engineering team tasked with taking basic system level requirements and design and develop a cost-effective solution.
To do this will require you to create product level design specifications, evaluate the feasibility of various design solutions using common design and simulation software, investigate manufacturing technologies, test and evaluate individual and system level components.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Support the design and development of radiation detection subsystems
- Design and development of analog/digital/mixed-signal electronics
- Cost sensitive design implementation / component selection
- VHDL/Verilog – Vivado experience a plus
- FPGA and Microcontroller implementation – Xilinx experience a plus
- Schematic Capture – Altium experience a plus
- PCB Layout – Altium experience a plus
- Simulation – LTSpice/Pspice
- Creation of detailed documentation packages: design specifications, theory of operation documents, communications link budgets, power estimations and various other support documents
- Component selection and validation for particular purpose (size, weight, power and cost)
Qualifications & Experience
- B.S. or equivalent in Electrical/Electronics Engineering required. M.S. and/or industry experience preferred.
Essential skills and experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Analog/Digital/Mixed-Signal design experience
- Strong understanding of FPGA/MCU, Op-Amp based circuits, and SMPS/LDO
- Ability to read and understand hardware Technical Reference Manuals / Application Notes
- Understanding of hardware development processes and procedures including design, diagramming, documentation, validation and testing
- Ability to use instrumentation for development, test, and analysis. (i.e. oscilloscopes, logic analyzer, DMM, etc)
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time.
- Ability to thrive in a company which constantly changes focus and where everything is “highest priority”
Desirable skills and experience
- Master’s degree in any of the following preferred fields: MSEE/MSEET/MSCE
- Ability to lead a design review when necessary
- Experience in battery powered products
- Experience with high-speed (gigabit) data piping
- Low-noise analog design and characterization
- Demonstrated ability to write technical documentation
- Knowledge of thermal transfer/heatsinking and passive/active cooling
Must be US Citizen or permanent resident.
Kromek is an equal opportunity employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from consideration for employment because of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, veteran status, marital status or disabilities.