Kromek has an immediate opening for a Semiconductor Device Scientist or Engineer in the Application Development and Detector Design group. The group investigates CZT semiconductor materials, detectors, and system design, including material and device physics, detector fabrication, front-end readout electronics, data flow, calibration, and end-use algorithms. We build proof of concepts and product-ready prototypes in all key Kromek markets.
Responsibilities and duties
- Fundamental study of CZT materials with emphasis on material defect structures and metal semiconductor interface and their impact on device performance.
- CZT radiation detector modelling, design, and prototyping.
- Research and development in detector fabrication and processing.
- Document, present and review new ideas, research details and conclusions.
Essential skills and experience
- Expertise in semiconductor material and device physics, direct experience in II-VI compound semiconductor materials and devices is preferred.
- Experience with semiconductor material characterizations, such as IV, DLTS, PL, Hall, TOF, SEM, EDX, and EBSD.
- Radiation detection device tests, characterizations, and analysis in device structure, material defects, and process related defects.
- Ability to design, set up, and carry out experiments.
- Familiarity with common programming languages and data analysis software.
- Ability to read, interpret and write scientific and technical documents.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and propose solutions.
- Ability to work alone or in a cooperative team environment.
- Ph.D. or equivalent in Physics, Engineering Physics, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Kromek is an equal opportunity employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from consideration for employment because of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, veteran status, marital status or disabilities.