An exciting opportunity has arisen for leading the Company’s effort in identifying new applications opportunities within the security and nuclear defense sectors. Manages/supports/conducts sector-specific business development activities and sales, including market analysis, target application development as well as searching for grant funding for technology projects within the security and defense arena.
- Maintain regular contact with existing customers identifying areas for growth with key stakeholders.
- Responsible for developing and executing specific marketing plans (market assessment, development, maintenance, competition).
- Expand the presence of Kromek within the DC Beltway as well as other areas of the country where security and defense contractors maintain facilities.
- Attend trade shows and conferences with Kromek technical staff in an effort to identify new customers.
- Responsible for effective internal communication to minimize external problems.
- Assist technical staff with proposal submissions when appropriate.
- Attend Kromek staff meetings when requested.
- Degree in engineering, business, marketing or material science; MBA desirable.
- Current DoD security clearance and/or DHS TWIC very desirable.
- Proven business development experience.
- Proven track record of business opportunity development.
- Ability to quickly develop an understanding of CZT-based radiation detectors and associated applications.
- Working knowledge and experience with government R&D contract funding and management process including the Washington Lobby process.
- Proven skills in strategic planning, global business & market development, market research, and promotion/advertising to drive profitable business growth.
- Highly innovative and adaptable at problem-solving.
- High self-motivation with the ability to work independently and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Some travel both domestically and internationally is to be expected. Must be US citizen or permanent resident.