We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Manager, based in Europe, who will be responsible for selling Kromek’s D3S radiation detectors to CBRN customers. If successful you will be identifying potential users per country, promoting the products to them and building customer relationships.
You will be working together with local distributors – we already have distributors in certain countries, and in the countries we don’t have one you will be finding the right distribution partner and starting the collaboration.
- Expand the presence and sales of Kromek products within CBRN markets in Europe, exact sales territory will be defined based on selected candidate’s location, previous working experience and language skills
- Develop the sales channel, building relationships with channel partners
- Maintain regular contact with existing customers identifying areas for growth with key stakeholders
- Collecting and relaying market requirements to Kromek product managers and R&D to develop further the offering, as well as closely monitoring and reporting on competition
- Responsible for developing and executing specific marketing plans in the countries
- Attend trade shows and conferences to identify new customers
- Responsible for effective internal communication to minimize external problems
- Work with internal team for tender submissions when appropriate
- Attend Kromek staff meetings when requested
Essential skills and experience
- Highly analytical and target driven sales professional
- Proven skills in strategic planning for sales, international business & market development, market research, and ability to identify early adopters / thought lead to drive profitable business growth.
- Proven track record of sales opportunity development including tender evaluation, preparation and submission
- Experience in selecting, managing and working with distributors
- Ability to quickly develop an understanding of radiation detectors and associated CBRN applications.
- Working knowledge and experience with Government contract and management process
- Experience liaising with local governments, homeland security agencies and civil servants
- High self-motivation with the ability to work independently and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Great communicator
- Results orientated
- Need to be comfortable in upward and lateral reporting
Qualifications – Education/Experience
- 2-5 years of proven Sales / Business Development experience.
- B.S. in Engineering, Business, Marketing or Natural Sciences
- Must be an EU Citizen
- Must have a valid Passport
- Must have a valid EU driving licence
- Must be able to travel extensively
- Requires limited supervision for routine processes
- Bilingual in English and another European language (e.g. German)