Kromek is looking for a project manager who has what it takes to manage multiple complex projects to completion. You will lead projects through every stage of the project life cycle, from planning to delivery. If you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and can maintain focus under pressure, you may be exactly what we are looking for.
As a project manager, you will be a key member of our New Products Development (NPD) team, responsible for establishing and maintaining a strong rapport with clients, customers, and other stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and time management skills and strong attention to detail. This role will give you the unique opportunity to contribute to the continued development of internal project management.
Responsibilities and duties
- You will lead project planning sessions to set project goals and objectives, determine timelines, define tasks, and outline resources necessary to successfully complete the project
- You will follow the Kromek stage/gate NPD process throughout the development of the project from conception to release.
- You will monitor the progress of projects, including addressing issues that may arise and ensuring project deliverables are completed on time
- You will follow standard processes as defined Project Management Institute (PMI)
- You will organize regular status and review meetings as necessary, including generating and distributing meeting minutes
- You will gather resources, identify potential constraints based on activities and timeframes, and define solutions to manage any constraints
- You will design a risk management plan in accordance to the NPD process to minimize foreseeable disruptions to the project
- You will oversee all incoming and outgoing project documentation in accordance with the NPD process
- You will manage a portfolio and resources to ensure engagement through project plans, schedules, project tracking, budget and resource allocation, Gantt charts, and workload analysis
- You will report regularly to management and relevant stakeholders on the progress of the project, challenges, resolutions, and alterations
Essential skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, or a related technical field
- Experience in new product development teams with a track record of successful product launches
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated expertise in project management through all phases of the NPD process
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Strong management, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to present technical information clearly and concisely at a level appropriate to the target audience
- Flexibility and creative thinking
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and time constraints in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage the workload of multiple projects
- PMP (Project Management Professional) or equivalent certification
Must be US Citizen or permanent resident.
Kromek is an equal opportunity employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from consideration for employment because of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, veteran status, marital status or disabilities.