This is a vacancy for a project manager to work at our site in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. The project manager: OEM has full strategic and tactical day-to-day ownership for multiple smaller OEM accounts by providing them with Kromek radiation detection technology and products in line with agreed account objectives. This role will function as the point of contact for OEM customers and leverage internal Kromek resources from Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Product Management as well as external suppliers/partners as needed to accomplish functional and overall project deliverables.
- Project Management
- Develop initial project proposal to be negotiated with OEM account. The proposal will include a cross-functional solution roadmap that addresses key technical, market, financial and execution requirements.
- Budgetary planning with quantities, financials, milestones and other key project deliverables.
- Identify/manage project risks and develop contingency plans.
- Continuous monitoring of project execution & deliverables and communication of updates with internal and external project stakeholders.
- Lead cross-functional problem solving when project performance is not meeting targets to convert analysis into insights and corrective actions.
- Manufacturing, Quality & Logistics
- Identify and manage external contract manufacturing suppliers that fulfil required specifications from a quality, quantity, productivity and on-time-delivery perspective.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with FDA (clearance), ISO and other quality certification requirements at all stages of the manufacturing process.
- Identify current and future supply chain demand requirements. Source suppliers and determine logistics that allow the most economical movement of materials and products through the supply chain that meet internal and external delivery requirements while minimizing inventory levels.
- Liaise with Engineering departments to develop and implement/integrate customer specific technical product feature and design requirements through sustaining engineering or new product development (NPD) process.
- Identify and manage external technology partners for software specifications, customization and integration.
- Develop the existing OEM partnerships to continuously expand business volumes thru new product and applications offerings.
- Authenticity, integrity and humility with the ability to build trust and followership at all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and consultative skills to influence/motivate and collaborate with individuals and teams without hierarchical authority.
- Good understanding of product planning & portfolio management, product development, manufacturing strategies of product life cycles, including supply chain operations.
- A “builder” and change agent who will challenge current thinking, not a “caretaker”. Understanding of continuous improvement methodologies and tools, ie Lean, Six Sigma or other with application experience in a product development and manufacturing context.
- Track record of delivering results in a high paced and constantly changing “start-up” environment.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking capabilities, sound judgement coupled with effective decision-making skills.
- Process orientation, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with a firm commitment to quality and customer satisfaction.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting challenging deadlines.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently.
Education & Experience
- 10+ years in a combination of product development, product management and/or manufacturing roles, ideally supplemented with some OEM account management experience.
- Understanding of radiation detection technology such as CT, PET/CT and SPECT is required.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Science (Chemistry, Physics, etc.), or other technical discipline is required; an advanced technical degree or MBA is preferred.
- Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.