As part of continued strategic growth, Kromek is looking for a Product Manager to join the Innovation Department and work alongside the growing Biotechnology group. The Product Manager will work as part of the existing team, supporting the Head of Biotechnology, and liaising with external partners and subject matter experts. There are significant new product and market opportunities for this disruptive technology product. The role would be shaping and moulding the future applications of airborne pathogen detection technology, in a post pandemic world. A key part of the role will be identifying opportunities for new products and technologies.
This role serves as a recognised internal voice for the strategic product marketing direction for the company’s biotechnology products specifically as it relates to market analytics, competitive analysis, marketing communications and sales channel support and customer engagement. This role will establish and execute best practices and processes related to product management to achieve a market leading position. The position will require extensive exposure to external stakeholders including technology development partners, key customers and end-users. Internally the role will have interaction and a key influencing function with new product development, operations and commercial personnel.
Responsibilities and duties
- Identify and develop constructive partnerships with key opinion leaders and customers in various biological detection markets to establish a leading market position for the company.
- Help define product strategy and product roadmap development for the biological detection existing and future product portfolio in conjunction with the Sales, Programmes and NPD teams. Establish Kromek with a differentiated, leading and sustainable position in the market. Facilitate ideation sessions with team members from various backgrounds.
- Help establish new product development priorities and provide guidance to the new product development process from concept stage through launch.
- Establish and ensure the execution of quantitative business analytical processes enabling data driven strategic planning. Build deep market and application insights through close analysis of end user requirements, market developments and competitor product strategies through trade shows, customer visits and desk research.
- Develop clear marketing communications content and strategies for digital and conventional channels including customer facing product and application materials, digital marketing and website content and trade show product and corporate brand messaging.
- Provide product management direction during key customer engagements and help support contract negotiations with potential customers.
Essential skills and experience
- Degree in relevant subject.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working in a customer facing role
- Experience in working in a scientific or engineering business
- Ability to work independently and develop new product delivery strategies
- Ability to problem-solve, critical thinking and a can-do attitude
Desirable skills and experience
- PhD level education
- Experience with medical devices
- Willingness to travel within the UK and internationally
- Life Assurance.
- Stakeholder pension scheme.
- Share Options.
- Private Health Insurance Scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus statutory days.
Kromek Group plc is an international technology group (global HQ in the UK) and a leading developer and supplier of high-performance radiological and biological detection products as well as other advanced technologies. Using its technology platforms, Kromek designs, develops and produces x-ray and gamma-ray imaging and biological and radiation detection products for the medical, CBRNe security, Homeland Security and civil nuclear radiation detection markets.
The Group’s business model provides a vertically integrated technology offering to customers, from proof of concept to finished products, including software, electronics, mechanics and application specific integrated circuits (ASICs).
One of the Group’s products provides high-precision genome sequence information of pathogens found in air, bodily fluids and on surfaces, so, the technology is used for the detection and identification of infectious agents.
The Group has operations in the UK and US (California and Pennsylvania) and sells internationally through a combination of distributors, OEM and direct sales.