Kromek has an immediate opening for a Process Engineer working in the engineering team reporting to the manufacturing manager. You will be focusing on semiconductor fabrication and final assembly processes as well as be responsible for detector fabrication processes, device assembly and quality testing.
We require a minimum of 12 years’ experience in a process engineering role.
The ideal candidate will have a broad base and proven track record in high technology semiconductor (silicon, MEMs, other semiconductor sensors) or electronic device manufacturing organization. They will be a structured problem solver. They will have a deep background in process design, improvement and implementation to improve quality, yield and cost.
Responsibilities and duties
- This role will own Kromek’s test and electronics assembly processes and report to the Manager of Operations. It is a fast-paced, dynamic role, which will include the following:
- Design and optimize test and assembly processes for quality, capacity, cost, and safety.
- Develop new manufacturing processes for launch of new products.
- Lead continuous improvement teams and support existing products and processes.
- Design, justify, and optimize production floor layout and equipment.
- Troubleshoot and solve day-to-day production problems.
- Train operators in performing test and assembly functions.
- Represents the manufacturing process in the new product development teams to ensure that the fabrication lines are developed with manufacturing scale built into the design.
- Owns the manufacturing process flow and supports the operators and technicians with expert help and leadership in problem solving.
- Advanced knowledge in SPC and use of process capability metrics, Cp, Cpk to drive improvement where required.
Essential skills and experience
- B.S. or equivalent in Electrical/Electronics, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering required. M.S. preferred.
- Experience across a broad range of manufacturing KPIs such as yield, cost, quality throughout the process flow.
- A deep and proven expert in root cause problem solving, owning problems until solved, and communicating both internally and externally on the progress
- Uses data to communicate and influence
- Team player but driven to lead the improvement agenda
- Knowledgeable in lean principles for manufacturing and assembly such as value stream, flow, parts positioning etc.
- Strong analytical and technical problem-solving background; experience in performing root cause analysis.
- Experience implementing and training on lean continuous improvement processes for manufacturing
- Good interpersonal skills: ability to influence attitudes and foster change.
- Must be a self-starting and driven agent of cultural change and business process improvement.
- Comfortable in ISO 9001 environment.
Must be US Citizen or permanent resident.
Kromek is an equal opportunity employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from consideration for employment because of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, veteran status, marital status or disabilities.