Physics graduate vacancy
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working physics graduate who wants to do something worthwhile with their degree. This role will be the first step in carving a career as a physicist whilst working on cutting-edge products using state-of-the-art materials and working with a great bunch of people.
You will be working on the next generation of security scanners, using cadmium zinc telluride (CZT) in new ways to fundamentally improve the functionality of these devices. Kromek is the pioneers of CZT technology, manufacturing it at two sites, one in the UK and the other in the US. Kromek already makes a range of security scanning devices, as well as components, use OEMs in their own devices.
What the physics graduate role involves
Working as part of a team of physicists you will be planning, executing and analysing experiments centred on our new devices. The job will also involve solving problems, contributing to our product plans, research and report writing.
This role starts immediately so you must have graduated.
- Using the scientific method to develop a new technology.
- All aspects of planning and executing experiments.
- Producing plans to move the project forward and hit important milestones.
- Working with the science team to fulfil product roadmap.
- Checking product functionality against requirements.
- Research into product sector and existing products.
- Drawing a conclusion and providing structured feedback of experiment results.
- Physics degree: BSC or Masters.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, able to work on own initiative and as part of a multidiscipline team.
- Clear report writing and communication skills.
- Able to easily pick up new technologies.
- Attention to detail.
- BSc or a master’s degree in Physics.
- A background in experimental physics would be ideal but not essential.
- Experience in X-ray physics would be ideal but not essential.
- Life Assurance.
- Stakeholder pension scheme.
- Share Options.
- Private Health Insurance Scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus statutory days