Kromek is looking for an Applications Engineer to join its team in Sedgefield. The successful candidate will become a key company point of contact for world leading nuclear products and their applications. The role will involve some travel, averaging approximately one week per quarter.
Responsibilities and duties
- Technical expertise for nuclear products and applications
- Interface to customers and internal stakeholders on product technical issues and applications
- Support product and algorithm development
- Support nuclear products routes to market
- Work with sales team and strategic distributors through training and exhibitions
- Bring strategic market feedback on products and applications back into the product management function
- Work with internal operations to ensure optimum product offering is being delivered to customers
- Support proposal activity
- Involvement in product manuals, datasheets and exhibition messaging
- Support product type testing
Skills and experience
- Technical degree (First or Upper Second Class) in physical sciences/engineering
- 2-5 years’ experience in technical/commercial environment, if possible, with 1 year of structured training
- Experience managing nuclear detection systems
- Experience and willingness to travel both within the UK and abroad
- Life Assurance.
- Stakeholder pension scheme.
- Share Options.
- Private Health Insurance Scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus statutory days.
Kromek Group plc is an international technology group (global HQ in the UK) and a leading developer and supplier of high-performance radiological and biological detection products as well as other advanced technologies. Using its technology platforms, Kromek designs, develops and produces x-ray and gamma-ray imaging and biological and radiation detection products for the medical, CBRNe security, Homeland Security and civil nuclear radiation detection markets.
The Group’s business model provides a vertically integrated technology offering to customers, from proof of concept to finished products, including software, electronics, mechanics and application specific integrated circuits (ASICs).
One of the Group’s products provides high-precision genome sequence information of pathogens found in air, bodily fluids and on surfaces, so, the technology is used for the detection and identification of infectious agents.
The Group has operations in the UK and US (California and Pennsylvania) and sells internationally through a combination of distributors, OEM and direct sales.