Kromek has an immediate opening for a Process Engineer who will own Kromek’s test and electronics assembly processes and report to the Director of Operations.
It is a fast-paced, dynamic role, which will include the following:
- Design and optimisation of test and assembly processes for quality, capacity, cost, and safety.
- Development of new manufacturing processes for the start-up of new products.
- Management of projects to improve quality and yield.
- Design, justification, and optimisation of production floor layout and equipment.
- Leading continuous improvement teams.
- Troubleshooting and solving day-to-day production problems.
- Training operators in performing test and assembly functions.
- Other tasks and projects as needed.
- Knowledgeable in lean principles for manufacturing and assembly such as value stream, flow, parts positioning etc.
- Strong analytical and technical problem-solving background, experience in performing root cause analysis.
- Experience implementing and training on lean continuous improvement processes for manufacturing.
- Team player driven to lead the improvement agenda.
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to influence attitudes and foster change.
- Must be a self-starting and driven agent of cultural change and business process improvement.
Qualifications – Education/Experience:
- BS Electrical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering.
- 2-5 years of experience in a manufacturing or Lean process engineering role; ideally from a similar role from an electronics OEM electro-mechanical test and assembly line.
- Demonstrated capability to use lean toolsets to deliver cost quality and significant value.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and projects toward common goals.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems involving equipment, products and people.
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Kromek is an equal opportunity employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from consideration for employment because of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, veteran status, marital status or disabilities.