Manufacturing Process Engineer, Back End of line and Recycling operations
Kromek has an immediate Manufacturing Process Engineer vacancy. You will be working in the engineering team reporting to the manufacturing manager. Initially focusing on the recycling of semiconductor materials and back end assembly processes and responsible for process engineering in materials recycling and chip assembly.
Minimum of 8 years experience in a process engineering role.
The ideal candidate will have a broad base of engineering experience and a proven track record in high technology process engineering. They will be a structured problem solver. They will have a deep background in process design, improvement and implementation to improve quality, yield and cost. They will also have specific experience in scaling up process capability in the area of materials recycling taking a small scale and increasing the process efficiency to a 10X industrial level.
Manufacturing Process Engineer vacancy responsibilities
- Team expert in materials recycling and automated manufacturing engineering technologies. Will have deep experience in one or more of the following disciplines:
- Materials recycling and volume scaleup of processes
- Electronics Assembly Process engineering
- Thin-film hybrid materials process engineering
- Will be the engineering owner of the recycling plant designing and scaling process capability in-line with the needs of the production capacity ramp.
- Will lead and project manage the scale-up of the recycling plant at the Zelienople site.
- Will design the process needs for recycling and hybrid assembly functions.
- Represents the manufacturing process in the new product development teams to ensure that new products for the assembly line are developed with manufacturing scale built into the design.
- Owns the manufacturing process flow and supports the operators and technicians with expert help and leadership in problem-solving.
- Upskill the manufacturing team through education and the use of process quality improvement tools.
- Continuously improve yield and quality of the existing processes through the use of root cause problem-solving skills, Pareto, cause and effect, designed experiments.
- Expert in SPC and use of process capability metrics, Cp, Cpk to drive improvement where required.
Manufacturing Process Engineer vacancy qualifications
- B.S. or equivalent in Electrical/Electronics, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering required. M.S. and/or industry experience preferred.
Manufacturing Process Engineer vacancy skills and abilities
- Experience across a broad range of manufacturing KPIs such as yield, cost, quality throughout the process flow.
- Understand automated machine processes and materials handling technology.
- A deep and proven expert in root cause problem solving, owning problems until solved, and communicating both internally and externally on the progress.
- Continuously seeks opportunities to improve process dimensions of cost, quality, yield, cycle time and reducing waste.
- Uses data to communicate and influence.
- Team player but driven to lead the improvement agenda.
- Demonstrated capability to use Lean toolsets to deliver cost quality and significant value.
- Comfortable in ISO 9001 environment.
- Willing to take ownership of problems and be accountable for leading the team towards root cause solutions.
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Kromek is an equal opportunity employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from consideration for employment because of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, veteran status, marital status or disabilities.