The Group’s business model provides vertically integrated technologies, offering customers solutions in medical imaging for cancer detection and isotope identification for finding potential nuclear threats from terrorist organisations. These innovative solutions range from the provision of radiation detection materials to finished products or detectors, including software, electronics and application specific integrated circuits (ASICs). The Group has operations in the UK and US (California and Pennsylvania) and sells internationally through a combination of distributors, OEM and direct sales.
Kromek’s products and components are technologically heavily focus on innovation and appeal to a number of sectors. They can be supplied under contract as finished goods, as components or the business will also offer project-based consultancy services. As Legal Executive it will be your responsibility to translate the business case, responsibilities and limitations in a contract with the customer, liaising directly with the CEO, CFO & Legal Counsel and the Commercial and Funded Programs teams. You will be involved in product development and delivery, consultancy projects from tender phase to the point of delivery, including any client / contract reviews. You will be dealing with the likes of the US Government, large, global OEMs and innovative partners including disruptive technology businesses and universities based largely in the UK, US and China.
As the Legal executive of Kromek Group plc in Sedgefield, UK, you will be embedded in the Commercial team for around 70% of the role with around 30% working with aspects of the group inhouse counsel, company secretarial / PLC reporting, You will also work closely with your colleagues from the other shared services at the HQ– including finance and procurement, contract management, – to achieve the optimal result.
• Providing legal advice and support to the business in respect of commercial contracts (tenders, offers and negotiations);
• Advising the senior management team and directors on the content and risk(s) of each contract;
• Maintaining, drafting and reviewing all live commercial contracts;
• Creating template contracts where appropriate;
• Providing tangible and hands-on legal advice on matters specific to the business;
• Teaming up with finance and procurement, customer finance, and contract management to achieve the best result in contracts and projects;
• Promoting cross-functional and international collaboration;
• Proactively inform and assist the sales team and project team on risk, opportunities and points of attention;
• Formalise amendments and changes to the relevant contracts;
• Prepare a file and draft letters with respect to any disputes escalated to legal action stage;
• Working with key sales and commercial terms in a supervisory-level role.
• 3 year post qualified solicitor
• Extensive experience with contract drafting and negotiations
• PLC Compliance – MAR (Management Assessment Report), website disclosures etc
• Strong minded & sensible with a sharp eye for detail and accuracy
• Wants to challenge processes/ contracts and do things right
• Take full responsibility and ownership for specific projects
• Be commercially minded and robust
• Comfortable communicating with stakeholders of all levels with confidence
• Strong analytical and communication skills across all levels of seniority within the business
• Flexible and result orientated approach
• Ability to influence others without losing focus on the end result and Kromek’s commercial relations
• Team player approach and ability to take responsibility for your task within the team
• Excellent command of English, both written and verbal
• Flexible to travel internationally if required.
Kromek Group plc offers you as Legal Executive a challenging full-time job within a successful and highly progressive innovative company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.