Kromek have an opportunity for a Junior Buyer, reporting to the Procurement Manager who will be responsible for supporting in the day-to-day procurement activities to meet the operational needs of the business. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, keen to learn and have a strong work ethic. The role will involve sourcing goods and services as required to ensure inventory levels are maintained and negotiating best price and lead times. The role requires the ability to work under pressure and manage time and tasks effectively with a good eye for detail.
Responsibilities and duties
- Sourcing goods and/or services as required.
- Raising order requests managing POs through the P2P.
- Negotiating best price and lead times
- Proactively maintain stock levels.
- Ensuring purchasing processes and procedures are complied with.
- Appraising new suppliers
- Expediting orders and co-ordinating with stakeholders
- Assisting stakeholder to continue to develop and improve the visibility of the Procurement function in the business.
Essential skills and experience
- Knowledge of SAGE or demonstrable experience of similar systems.
- Diligent with good attention to detail.
- Good communication skills
- Effective time management and prioritisation of tasks
- Capable of resolving problems.
- Computer Literate in MS office
- CIPS or other supply related qualifications preferred but not essential.
- Life Assurance.
- Stakeholder pension scheme.
- Share Options.
- Private Health Insurance Scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus statutory days.
Kromek Group plc is an international technology group (global HQ in the UK) and a leading developer and supplier of high-performance radiological and biological detection products as well as other advanced technologies. Using its technology platforms, Kromek designs, develops and produces x-ray and gamma-ray imaging and biological and radiation detection products for the medical, CBRNe security, Homeland Security and civil nuclear radiation detection markets.
The Group’s business model provides a vertically integrated technology offering to customers, from proof of concept to finished products, including software, electronics, mechanics and application specific integrated circuits (ASICs).
One of the Group’s products provides high-precision genome sequence information of pathogens found in air, bodily fluids and on surfaces, so, the technology is used for the detection and identification of infectious agents.
The Group has operations in the UK and US (California and Pennsylvania) and sells internationally through a combination of distributors, OEM and direct sales.