Kromek are looking for a Junior Buyer to support in the day-to-day procurement activities and to meet the operational needs of the business. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, motivated with a good work ethic who is capable of understanding and delivering the needs of the stakeholders. We are looking for a strong character, capable of influencing stakeholders and managing expectations from senior leader level down.
Responsibilities and duties
- Sourcing goods and/or services as required.
- Negotiating best price and lead times with the supply chain.
- Ensuring stock levels are maintained for operations in a pro-active manner.
- Always ensuring purchasing process compliance and best procurement practice.
- Reviewing and negotiating acceptable terms of trade with existing and new supply partners.
- Appraising new suppliers ensuring best fit for the organisation.
- Expediting orders and co-ordinating with stakeholders accordingly
- Managing internal stakeholder expectations and continuing to develop and improve the Procurement standing in the business.
- Raising order requests to the orders team and seeing through POs from P2P.
- Occasionally supporting in ad-hoc requirements from the US subsidiaries.
- Sourcing goods and services as requested, negotiating best price and lead times, identifying improvements to the existing process.
- Supporting general manufacturing and project teams.
- Knowledge of the electronics and engineering industries would be advantageous.
Essential skills and experience
- Understanding of end-to-end procure-to-pay process.
- Knowledge of SAGE or similar systems.
- Diligent with good attention to detail.
- Good communication skills
- Effective time management and prioritisation of tasks
- Capable of resolving problems.
- Computer Literate in MS office
- CIPS or other supply related qualifications preferred but not essential.
- Able to work under pressure/towards a tight deadline.
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme.
- Private Health Insurance Scheme.
- Pro-rated Holiday Allowance plus Statutory Days.
Kromek Group plc is an international technology group (global HQ in the UK) and a leading developer and supplier of high-performance radiological and biological detection products as well as other advanced technologies. Using its technology platforms, Kromek designs, develops and produces x-ray and gamma-ray imaging and biological and radiation detection products for the medical, CBRNe security, Homeland Security and civil nuclear radiation detection markets.
The Group’s business model provides a vertically integrated technology offering to customers, from proof of concept to finished products, including software, electronics, mechanics and application specific integrated circuits (ASICs).
One of the Group’s products provides high-precision genome sequence information of pathogens found in air, bodily fluids and on surfaces, so, the technology is used for the detection and identification of infectious agents.
The Group has operations in the UK and US (California and Pennsylvania) and sells internationally through a combination of distributors, OEM and direct sales.