An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced IT Systems Engineer to work in house to provide administration and support of both on-premise and global cloud infrastructure services whilst offering strong IT Help Desk break/fix support to a dynamic growing business.
Our IT infrastructure is crucial for providing business needs and empowering users productivity whilst also providing support for strong business growth and scalability.
This is a dynamic and varied position and will include managing and maintaining great relationships with external service providers and suppliers making sure contracts are relevant and up to date.
An important part of this role is to provide insight and up to date advice to management on strategic IT developments and work with external IT providers when necessary to aid implementation.
Kromek uses Microsoft’s Office 365 cloud service, working with your counterpart in our USA office, you will be responsible for administrating and supporting all connected Kromek group users across Office 365 services including SharePoint Online, Microsoft Teams and Exchange Online.
You will be responsible for all day to day IT issues within the business at our site in Sedgefield and for coordinating tasks with our site in the US. Day to day tasks will involve providing IT Help desk support to Kromek UK users onsite and in satellite offices.
You must be capable of continuously evaluating our IT systems and workflows to identify system improvement areas whilst helping to implement these improvements to aid productivity and efficiency across the Kromek group companies.
Security is paramount and this role involves proactively monitoring security and ensuring that all possible attack vectors are patched to reduce any malicious attacks to the business and to ensure the protection of both business and personal data. Helping to ensure business conforms to government security standards by working alongside company data protection team members.
You must be approachable, able to work on your own initiative, have good problem-solving skills and be able to communicate technical issues to a mixture of technical and non-technical users.
Occasional travel may be required to our other site in the UK and very occasionally the USA. Candidates must hold a valid passport.
- Office 365 Administration
- BAU tasks (general maintenance of systems and user device, daily checks, user administration, etc)
- Monitoring critical systems (backups, server status, firewall, etc)
- 1st and 2nd line support
- Working with MSP for third-line support or complex network related issues
- IT security management and administration
- Managing and renewal of IT-related contracts
- Maintenance and support of Azure / Office 365 (including MS Teams and SharePoint)
- Working with the equivalent in our US office to standardise systems and policies across the company
- Liaising with MSPs as/when required (IT, telephone systems, photocopier engineers, etc)
- Installing and setting up new user machines/workstations
- Working with the IT Committee to define company IT procedures and IT policies
- Working with project teams to provide IT guidance and support as required
- Ensure annual company compliance with Cyber Essentials certification
- Keep up to date with relevant data protection regulations (e.g. GDPR) and implement technical solutions to support them.
- Assist with basic IT Training
- IT asset management
- Office 365 administration / Cloud administration
- Approachable with excellent communication skills
- Active Directory (including Azure AD) and group policy knowledge
- Remote support experience
- Good understanding of network fundamentals
- Good understanding of cloud technologies
- PC build hardware and software experience
- Excellent working knowledge of all Microsoft desktop operating systems
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (including MS Teams and SharePoint)
- Extremely tech-savvy/excellent technical skills with an ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation awareness
- Anti-Virus administration experience
- Microsoft Exchange experience
- Windows server administration experience
- Firewall and general network administration
- Windows Deployment Services experience
- Contract negotiation / procurement experience
- Experience working with multi-forest environments
- Mobile device configuration and setup
- Mobile device management (MDM)
- PowerShell / Batch Scripting
- Virtualisation (Hyper-V, Azure VMs)
- Server build experience
- Sage Accounts knowledge
- Linux experience
- Knowledge of ERP and CRM systems
- Mitel phone system experience
- SQL Database support
- IT Governance & Policy