Our IT infrastructure is crucial for providing business needs and empowering users productivity whilst also providing support for strong business growth and scalability.
We need someone who can work in house to provide administration and support of both on-premise and global cloud infrastructure services and offering strong IT Help Desk break/fix support to a dynamic growing business.
This is a dynamic and varied position and will include managing and maintaining great relationships with external service providers and suppliers making sure contracts are relevant and up to date. Provide insight and up to date advice to management as it pertains to strategic IT developments, as well as work with external IT providers when necessary to aid implementation.
Kromek uses Microsoft’s Office 365 cloud service globally, you will be responsible for administrating and supporting all connected Kromek group users across Office 365 services including SharePoint Online, Microsoft Teams and Exchange Online.
You will be responsible for all day to day IT issues within the business at our sites in Zelienople, PA and Riverside, CA for coordinating tasks with our site in the US. Day to day tasks will involve providing IT Help desk support to Kromek US users onsite and in the office in Riverside.
Continuously evaluate IT systems and workflows to identify system improvements areas and helping to implement these improvements to aid productivity and efficiency across the Kromek group companies.
Proactively monitoring security and ensuring that all possible attack vectors are patched to reduce any malicious attacks to the business and to ensure protection of both business and personal data. Helping to ensure business conforms to government security standards by working alongside company data protection team members.
You must be approachable, able to work on your own initiative, have good problem-solving skills and be able to communicate technical issues to a mixture of technical and non-technical users.
- Global Office 365 Administration
- Administration and configuration of on-premise and cloud services.
- User and permission administration.
- Monitoring critical systems (backups, server status, etc)
- Patch/update management for end user devices.
- Provide user support and break/fix resolution keeping users updated on progress.
- Provide Technical assistance to all departments when required.
- IT Security management and administration.
- Managing, negotiating and renewal of IT related contracts.
- Maintenance and support of SharePoint Online Intranet
- Liaising with technology providers as/when required (IT, telephone systems, photocopier engineers etc)
- Working with managed service providers to resolve complex network and server issues.
- Installing and setting up new user machines / workstations/accounts.
- Procurement of IT Software and Hardware.
- Documenting IT procedures and updating IT company policies.
- Working with project teams to provide IT guidance and support as required.
- Ensure annual company compliance with Cyber Essentials Certification.
- Keep up to date with relevant data protection regulations and implement technical solutions to support them.
- Provide IT Training.
- Management and renewals of software licensing.
- IT asset management
- Windows server administration experience.
- Microsoft Exchange experience.
- Anti-Virus administration experience.
- Good working knowledge of DHCP, DNS administration.
- Active Directory and group policy knowledge.
- Remote support experience
- Good understanding of network fundamentals.
- Good understanding of cloud technologies.
- PC build hardware and software experience.
- Approachable with excellent communication skills
- Good working knowledge of all Microsoft desktop operating systems since Windows XP
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Extremely tech savvy / excellent technical skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Able to pick up new technologies quickly
- Office 365 administration / Cloud administration.
- Firewall and general network administration.
- Windows Deployment Services experience.
- Contract negotiation / procurement experience.
- Experience working with multi-forest environments.
- Mobile device configuration and setup.
- PowerShell / Batch Scripting.
- Virtualisation administration ( Hyper-V )
- Server build experience.
- Linux experience.
- VoIP phone system experience
- SQL Database support
- IT Governance & Policy
- GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation awareness.
- Mac OS