Graduate Scientist or Engineer: Intellectual Property and Funding Coordinator
This is an excellent opportunity for a physics or other science graduate or engineer to develop skills to help Kromek generate funds and protect its Intellectual Property (IP), skills which are highly marketable in the commercial field.
The Graduate Scientist/Engineer: Intellectual Property and Funding Coordinator will start by working with the Innovation Director to set up and subsequently run methods of tracking patent applications, reporting progress and cost to senior managers.
The successful candidate will also develop and administer methods of tracking funding opportunities for further development of Kromek technologies. The candidate will also be involved in the writing of funding applications, which will include identifying and liaising with external partners.
Career progression will involve external formal training courses in IP leading to a recognised qualification, for example, the CIPA IPC. As the candidate becomes more experienced their responsibilities will grow to involve writing and evaluating patent applications and funding proposals and identifying new opportunities in these areas.
The candidate should have an excellent grasp of science or engineering to enable the matching of Kromek technology to opportunities and the analysis of technical information. This will also require good quality communication skills, in particular, reading and writing technical documents.
The candidate will get a good view of Kromek’s technology across the board including its sites in the UK & US.
Skills and competencies need for role
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written English.
- Degree in physics, physical sciences or engineering preferred. Degrees in other scientific or engineering disciplines considered.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Capability to manage own time successfully.
- Proven organisational skills with the ability to deliver to deadlines.
- Attention to detail and tenacity.
- Self-motivated and determined with a positive professional attitude.
Benefits of role
- Life Assurance.
- Stakeholder pension scheme.
- Share Options.
- Private Health Insurance Scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus statutory.