HR Leader – a temporary role for six months
We are looking for someone who can step into the HR role at our US headquarters in Zelienople, Pennsylvania. You will need to hit the ground running, so we are looking for an experienced HR professional.
This is a fix term contract for 6 months, it may be extended depending on business needs.
- Strong communications skills enabling effective small group interactions and facilitating professional company-wide communications
- Initiate and enact HR-related programs to support a fast-paced and growing professional workforce ensuring high employee engagement and efficient talent recruitment
- Excellent time management and administrative acumen
- Strong familiarity with local, state and federal labor law and compliance standards.
- Ability to analyze and identify resourcing challenges, develop and implement recommendations and effective solutions
- Exercise good judgment in dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Qualifications – Education/Experience:
- 4/5+ years of experience in a professional business HR environment – preferably within a scientific, engineering and manufacturing employee base
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline or equivalent.
- The successful candidate will have shown an attention to detail, strong organizational skills and an ability to perform under time constraints.
- Coordinate the Employment Review Process with functional department managers.
- Manage the local employment recruiting processes including, oversee direct recruiting of the hourly employees, maintain productive relations with local universities and trade schools to support the Company’s hiring needs. Coordinate w recruitment agencies and hiring managers to ensure a timely and efficient hiring process
- Ensure effective communication with US-based employees re the company benefits and assist with resolving employee questions including interaction with the Company’s benefits providers.
- Implement and manage new employee on-boarding processes
- Manage and continuously update the employee policies and ensure clear communication of such policies in the Employment Manual.
- Ensure the company is compliant with all local, state and federal labor laws and regulations including generating the required reporting
- Assist in company-wide employee communication including town-hall meetings and company announcements.
- Provide support to managers and employees regarding:
- General HR questions
- Policy interpretation
- Benefits/Leave of Absence
- Employee relations
- Management practices
- Develops and facilitates talent management initiatives. These include, but are not limited to:
- Performance Review Planning
- Requires limited supervision for routine processes.
Must be US Citizen or permanent resident.
Disclaimer: This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.