Field Service Engineer Vacancy
We are seeking a Field Service Engineer to provide world-class support in terms of the equipment and training to which we provide to our end-user customer, this will also include managing technical support queries. The position is UK based but you will operate both nationally and internationally.
Kromek has operations in the UK and US (California and Pennsylvania) and sells internationally through a combination of distributors, OEM and direct sales.
You will be working with our existing team of Field Service Engineers who operate from our HQ in Sedgefield, County Durham, UK.
Field Service Engineer responsibilities
- To install, commission and maintain Kromek and Kromek supported equipment in the field: for example, our liquid explosive detectors installed in many airports.
- Train customer operators and maintenance teams in equipment operation and support.
- Train distributor base in equipment operation and support.
- Actively seek additional or repeat business opportunities for Kromek products while carrying out in-field activity.
- To effectively communicate with product engineers to quickly resolve technical problems.
- To respond to technical questions.
- Maintain statistics on the department’s performance as and when requested by the Operations Director.
- To participate in practical process improvement projects as and when required.
- To support Kromek Operations Group as and when required by the Operations Director.
- Strong technical and diagnostic skills.
- Self-motivated and capable of working alone in international airports and security locations.
- Can demonstrate and invoke confidence when discussing technical support queries with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to organise and continually prioritise an ever-changing workload.
- Must be able to work as part of a busy team and across the organisation, be prepared to travel internationally at short notice and to be an advocate of all Kromek products.
- Will require Customer Security clearances and essential to have a clean driving licence and no criminal convictions.
- Life Assurance
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Share Options
- Private Health Insurance Scheme
- 25 days holiday plus statutory days
Have a read of these articles and page to find out what it is like to work at Kromek