We have an opportunity to join the Kromek UK team as an Engineering Technician in our Biotechnology department. The Engineering Technician will be responsible for the engineering hardware implementation. Working with the rest of the team, the Engineering Technician will drive the manufacture, assessment, and improvement of the existing automation hardware.
- Hands on build of assemblies (electronics & mechanical) and verify their operation
- Read engineering drawings and schematics
- Reverse engineer existing assemblies to create documentation for future builds
- Maintain workshop tidiness
- Maintain technical project files
- Create schematics and assembly instructions
- Analyse existing development or manufacturing procedures and suggest improvements
- Implement and test design solutions
- Monitor or calibrate automated systems, precision control systems, or system components to maximize efficiency of processes
- Publish engineering reports documenting design details or qualification test results
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in working in industry
- Hands-on experience with complex electro-mechanical systems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to problem-solve, critical thinking and a can-do attitude
- Soldering, detecting basic wiring faults and identifying faulty components
- Mechanical build skills, use of hand tools and power tools
- Bachelors or Masters Degree, in Science or Engineering
- Experience of DFM or product development
- Experience in bio-medical technologies
- Willingness to travel within the UK and internationally
- Life assurance 3 x salary
- Share options vesting over 3-year period
- 25 days holiday (pro-rated) + statutory days
- Option to join the Kromek pension scheme, which is with Aviva, Kromek match up to 5% when employee passes their probation period
- Option to join the private medical scheme, which Kromek pay for
Kromek Group plc is an international technology group (global HQ in the UK) and a leading developer and supplier of high-performance radiological and biological detection products as well as other advanced technologies. Using its technology platforms, Kromek designs, develops and produces x-ray and gamma-ray imaging and biological and radiation detection products for the medical, CBRNe security, Homeland Security and civil nuclear radiation detection markets.
The Group’s business model provides a vertically integrated technology offering to customers, from proof of concept to finished products, including software, electronics, mechanics and application specific integrated circuits (ASICs).
The Group has operations in the UK and US (California and Pennsylvania) and sells internationally through a combination of distributors, OEM and direct sales.