Electronics Engineer vacancy
We have an immediate vacancy for an experienced electronics engineer who will undertake the design and implementation of high-performance front end electronic systems for radiation instrumentation systems. This position works out of our site in Huddersfield, Yorkshire, UK.
Role and responsibilities:
Design of analogue and digital electronic circuits and systems from specification through to build and test. Critical component selection and evaluation for robustness, low power, temperature stability etc. Circuit board and subsystem/module prototyping and optimisation to meet stringent performance requirements. You will be involved in the test and debug and will have responsibility for the documentation of designs following appropriate design methodologies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience of analogue and digital circuit design. PCB design for multi-layer, complex boards (up to 6 layers).
- Range of appropriate CAD tools for schematics and PCB design (such as Altium), circuit simulators such as SPICE.
- Sound understanding of design for test and test methodologies.
- Able to write clear documentation including performance specification, test plans and evaluation reports.
- Up to date knowledge of electronic components including photodetectors, signal processing ICs, power supplies etc. Good hands-on prototyping and fault-finding skills.
- Sound understanding of electronics manufacture and production.
- Experience of working with CEMs.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Knowledge of the latest solid-state photo-detector components including photodiodes and SiPMs.
- Practical knowledge of radiation detector for gamma, neutron and x-ray applications.
B.Eng / M.Eng / B.Sc / M.Sc in Electronics / Electrical / Engineering or similar.
- Life Assurance.
- Stakeholder pension scheme.
- Share Options.
- Private Health Insurance Scheme.
- 25 days’ holiday plus statutory days.
What is it like working for Kromek?
Before you apply for this Electronics Engineer vacancy you can find out what it is like at Kromek.
Kromek Physicists and electronic engineers working in Huddersfield