- Electrical engineering and electronics development methodologies including design for quality and manufacturability.
- Expert knowledge of analog and digital electronics design.
- Expert knowledge of PCB design tools such as OrCAD or Altium.
- Knowledge of embedded and SOC systems.
- Ability to operate oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, signal/function generators, multimeters, data acquisition cards, and benchtop power supplies.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting and repair of mixed analog/digital systems.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with attention to detail. Clean, neat, and organized work habits.
- Good written and oral communication skills, ability to clearly convey concepts and present results to others.
- Interrogative with desire for lifelong learning.
- Familiarity with placing wafer level orders of custom ASICs.
- VHDL and/or C language programming.
Qualifications – Education/Experience:
Minimum MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- 4 – 6 years of experience in circuit design including requirements specification, board design and layout, prototyping, troubleshooting, revision, component procurement, and assembly.
- Hands on experience with electronic test setups and fixtures for testing electronic devices.
- Hands-on experience testing and validating electronic circuit designs.
- Actively participate in design, implementation, verification, validation and documentation of prototype, pilot, and production designs.
- Conduct tests, experiments, and characterization of prototypes. Document results, investigate unusual performance, and compile and publish reports.
- Revise prototype designs for manufacturability and release to production.
- Provide troubleshooting for existing products, designs, and test fixtures.
- Coordinate development efforts with firmware and software developers.
- Requires visual acuity (visual ability to resolve fine detail) and manual dexterity (fine hand and finger movements).
- Requires minimal supervision.
- Must be available for overtime work.
- Must be able to stand for periods up to 4 hours.
- Must be able to lift at least 10lbs frequently; up to 35lbs occasionally, and heavier weights with assistance.
- Must be able to wear required safety protective equipment including but not limited to safety shoes and glasses.
- May work in a clean room environment and wear cleanroom attire.
- Must be able to work with or around chemicals.
- Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.