Kromek has an immediate opening for an Electrical Engineer in the Application Development and Detector Design group. The group investigates detector and system design, including front-end readout electronics, data flow, calibration, and end-use algorithms. We build proof of concepts and product-ready prototypes in all key Kromek markets.
Responsibilities and duties
- Actively participate in design, implementation, verification, validation, and documentation of prototype and pilot designs for photon detection systems.
- Conduct tests, experiments, and characterization of prototypes. Document results, quantify performance, and compile and publish reports.
Essential skills and experience
- Familiarity with electrical engineering and electronics development methodologies.
- Practical experience with VHDL or Verilog coding/development.
- Knowledge of analog and digital electronics design.
- Knowledge of PCB design tools such as OrCAD, Altium, or KiCad.
- Knowledge of embedded and SOC systems.
- Ability to operate oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, signal/function generators, multimeters, data acquisition cards, and bench top power supplies.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting and repair of mixed analog/digital systems.
- Good written and oral communication skills, ability to clearly convey concepts and present results to others.
- B.S. or equivalent in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering required.
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Kromek is an equal opportunity employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from consideration for employment because of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, veteran status, marital status or disabilities.