We are in search of a Director of Operations in our Pennsylvania, USA office, to lead and guide our manufacturing division towards world-class status. If you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and have a strong passion for manufacturing excellence, this role offers a unique opportunity to make a meaningful impact.
Kromek Group plc is a pioneering technology company at the forefront of radiation and biological solutions. With a global impact across Civil Nuclear, Security & Defense, Biological Threat Detection, Medical, and Industrial & Security markets, we are committed to making the world a healthier and safer place. Our innovative products, including Cadmium Zinc Telluride (CZT), have set industry standards for detection capabilities, enabling us to revolutionize various sectors, from medical diagnostics to hazardous material analysis.
Kromek is undergoing a significant transformation, evolving from a scientific and R&D-focused organization into one that encompasses science, engineering, and manufacturing. We manufacture both customized, low-volume products for specialized academic and research clients and standardized, high-volume products for commercial customers. Our mission is to become a versatile manufacturing entity, servicing a wide range of customers using consistent equipment and manufacturing processes.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Lead and oversee a team of approximately 40 individuals, including management, production operators, maintenance, shipping, process engineering, quality assurance, and supply chain/procurement staff.
- Manage all aspects of Kromek’s manufacturing operations, focusing on continuous process improvement and team development within a dynamic, fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Develop, modify, and continually enhance manufacturing processes and procedures to drive higher productivity.
- Collaborate closely with Engineering, R&D, Sales, Procurement, and other departments to ensure products meet customer standards and are delivered on time.
- Create and manage the operations budget.
- Establish a framework for continuous improvement aligned with ISO, OSHA, and PA DEP standards.
- Collaborate with Human Resources for workforce forecasting and planning.
- Introduce initiatives to improve internal efficiency and effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an engineering discipline.
- 10-15 years of experience in semiconductor manufacturing/fabrication, electronics assembly, medical instrumentation, or related operations and management.
- Proven track record in building and leading teams, managing projects and programs, and driving operational growth and change management.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate nationally with supply chain elements, including materials, components, suppliers, and contract manufacturers.
- Exceptional communication, organizational, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities, ambiguity, and informality.
Join Kromek and be part of a dynamic team working towards a safer and healthier world through cutting-edge technology and manufacturing excellence.
Kromek is an equal opportunity employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from consideration for employment because of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, veteran status, marital status, or disabilities