Detector Physicist/Engineer vacancy
Detector Physicist/Engineer vacancy: Kromek has an immediate opening for a Detector Physicist/Engineer in the Application Development and Detector Design group based in Kromek Zelienople, Pennsylvania, USA. The group investigates detector and system design, including front-end readout electronics, data flow, calibration, and end-use algorithms. We build proof-of-concept and product-ready prototypes in all key Kromek markets.
D3S in action with Belgian Police
- Develop and refine applications and detector designs.
- Translate ideas into testable prototypes, product requirements and specifications in conjunction with customers and engineers.
- Conduct simulations and lab experiments in order to understand the impact of a detector, signal processing electronics and calibration methods on overall system performance.
- Document, present and review new ideas, research details and conclusions.
- PhD or equivalent in Physics, Engineering Physics, Nuclear Physics, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
Skills and abilities
- Expertise in radiation physics, photon detectors, electronics and simulation.
- Familiarity with lab test instruments.
- Ability to design, set up, and carry out experiments.
- Familiarity with common programming languages and data analysis software.
- Ability to read, interpret and write scientific and technical documents.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and propose solutions.
- Ability to work alone or in a cooperative team environment.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.