This critical position will deliver both innovation and continuous improvement in Kromek’s compound semiconductor radiation detectors through detailed understanding of crystal growth process and its implications on materials morphology and chemistry. They will work within a small team to understand the implications through device performance and into applications performance.
Responsibilities and duties
- Must be a clear and open communicator who places value on seeking consensus and support for courses of action through careful hypothesis generation and experimental testing.
- Must be open to new ideas and use broad networks to deliver exceptional results.
- Must be open to change.
- Must be able to generate cohesive arguments to generate change.
- Must have a strongly collaborative spirit.
- Must independently maintain and expand their own capabilities.
- Must be able to clearly communicate ideas internally, with external partners and with customers.
- Must be able to face up to and engage long term problems with a high degree of difficulty and maintain positive approaches through the many phases of difficult programs.
- High self-motivation with the ability to work independently and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Smart, high energy, results oriented and driven to succeed in a fast-paced start-up environment
Essential skills and experience
- Expertise in semiconductor material and device physics, direct experience in II-VI compound semiconductor materials and devices is preferred.
- Experience with semiconductor material characterizations, such as IV, DLTS, PL, Hall, TOF, SEM, EDX, and EBSD.
- Radiation detection device tests, characterizations, and analysis in device structure, material defects, and process related defects.
- Ability to design, set up, and carry out experiments.
- Familiarity with common programming languages and data analysis software.
- Ability to read, interpret and write scientific and technical documents.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and propose solutions.
- Ability to work alone or in a cooperative team environment.
Qualifications and experience
- Ph.D. in Physics, Chemistry, Engineering Physics, Material Science, or equivalent with a demonstrated focus in solid state physics, crystal growth and materials chemistry.
- 5 – 7 years of experience in a result orientated research or development role. This should include demonstrated delivery of the linkage between low level understanding and materials properties delivery.
- Requires limited supervision for routine processes
- Must be able to wear required safety protective equipment including but not limited to safety shoes and glasses.
- Position is in Zelienople, PA USA
- Some national and international travel required
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Kromek is an equal opportunity employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from consideration for employment because of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, veteran status, marital status or disabilities.