As part of continued strategic growth, Kromek is looking for a Cost Accountant to join our existing Finance team.
The successful candidate will be based at the company’s Head Office in Sedgefield, County Durham, and will report to the Group Financial Controller, also Head Office based.
As this is a Group-wide role, the successful individual will be required to travel to the US on a regular basis. This is a new role, and the successful candidate will have a significant opportunity to make a positive impact, and to add great value to the business.
Responsibilities and duties
- Responsible for preparing and updating bill of materials and product pricing.
- Developing cost standards for materials and labour
- Maintaining and updating standard costs and overhead absorption
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies.
- Completing and maintaining cost roll-ups
- Liaising closely with the Finance and Sales and Marketing functions to analyse and report product profit margins.
- Assisting with the costing of new products
- Transfer pricing analysis
- Inventory provisions and inventory analysis
Skills and experience
- Excellent opportunity for a part qualified, or qualified-by-experience, accountant with manufacturing experience.
- Demonstratable experience of working in a pressurised reporting environment and experience of working in a team.
- Ability to deliver on tight reporting deadlines with strong attention to detail and the ability to build rapport quickly with key members of the executive team.
- Ability to proactively take on new projects as and when required.
- Life Assurance.
- Stakeholder pension scheme.
- Share Options.
- Private Health Insurance Scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus statutory days.
Kromek Group plc is an international technology group (global HQ in the UK) and a leading developer and supplier of high-performance radiological and biological detection products as well as other advanced technologies. Using its technology platforms, Kromek designs, develops and produces x-ray and gamma-ray imaging and biological and radiation detection products for the medical, CBRNe security, Homeland Security and civil nuclear radiation detection markets.
The Group’s business model provides a vertically integrated technology offering to customers, from proof of concept to finished products, including software, electronics, mechanics and application specific integrated circuits (ASICs).
One of the Group’s products provides high-precision genome sequence information of pathogens found in air, bodily fluids and on surfaces, so, the technology is used for the detection and identification of infectious agents.
The Group has operations in the UK and US (California and Pennsylvania) and sells internationally through a combination of distributors, OEM and direct sales.