We have a vacancy for a Buyer to join us at our HQ in Sedgefield. You’ll be responsible for procuring goods and services.
The candidate will need to be enthusiastic, professional and ambitious. You will be working closely with suppliers, stakeholders, finance and manufacturing.
Kromek manufactures a range of radiation detection, security screening and CBRNe detectors, and medical camera products. Our detectors, software and other technologies are developed in the UK and in the USA. We sell worldwide either directly to the end user or through a range of distributors and other partners.
- Procuring goods and services across a variety of categories working in conjunction with engineering during product development and manufacturing during product delivery.
- Working with suppliers locally, nationally and internationally.
- Work closely with suppliers, ensuring accurate communication and improving supply chain KPIs.
- Managing and developing suppliers, and taking a lead on inventory management.
- Responsible for sourcing a range of niche and specialist goods and services in the market of radiation detection instruments, including sensor materials, electronic components and sub-contract services.
- Proven experience within the populated printed circuit board procurement electronics and electronics materials supply chain in UK, Europe and the Far East.
- Identify and achieve cost savings through supply chain management processes.
- Work closely with a variety of internal stakeholders, Finance, Manufacturing, Electronic design and Mechanical Engineering.
- CIPS qualification may be advantageous although not essential.
- The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, professional and ambitious purchasing professional, who will be given a genuine opportunity for career progression within an innovative growing organisation.
- Life assurance.
- Stakeholder pension scheme.
- Share options.
- Private health insurance scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus statutory days.