This critical position will drive growth for the company’s radiation detection products in Nuclear Security and Defence sectors in the Americas. This will be achieved by building influence and technology adoption at government agencies, through technology and commercial alliances with industry stakeholders. This role builds customer relationships and negotiates, closes and executes on commercial agreements.
The successful candidate will also manage key relationships and initiatives with OEM customers for radiation detection solutions in industrial, environmental and security screening segments. As the key technical and business liaison to these OEM partners, the position will lead the collaborative interactions with internal and external technical and management teams.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Developing business plans to support the company’s market position and commercial objectives in the Nuclear Security, Defense and relevant OEM activities.
- Executing annual individual growth plan with regular status & funnel reviews, corrective countermeasures as needed and accurate forecasting throughout the year.
- Identifying and leveraging incremental growth opportunities through new application development deploying new and existing technology & product portfolio.
- Liaising with internal stakeholders, such as Engineering, Marketing and Operations to leverage their support in preparing, closing and executing on commercial government and academic collaborations.
- Managing external partners and consultants including DC lobbying firm to build influence and expand the company’s market position.
- Providing market, customer and competitive intelligence, trends and feedback to internal stakeholders such as Engineering, Marketing and Operations as needed.
- Attending and presenting at industry-specific functions, such as association events, conferences or trade shows to create networking, customer acquisition and market research opportunities.
- Establishing foundational business development processes and standard work.
Qualifications & Experience
- 5 years of successful business development or program management experience with US federal agencies related to CBRNE applications.
- M.S. in Physics, relevant Engineering or Material Science; MBA desirable.
- Must have a good understanding of radiation detection technology and associated applications, alternatively related technologies such as chemical or biological threat detection.
- Good understanding and flexibility to adjust the approach to a diverse customer base – from a long-term, complex lobbying process with Government agencies to direct short-term sales cycles with distributors.
- Strong collaboration and relationship-building skills with customers and internal stakeholders, such as Engineering, Product Management, Marketing and Operations.
- Strong research and analytical capabilities relative to business, market and competitive landscape.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills with the ability to solve problems effectively.
- High self-motivation with the ability to work independently and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Results-oriented and driven to succeed in a fast-paced start-up environment.
Must be US Citizen or permanent resident.
Kromek is an equal opportunity employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from consideration for employment because of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, veteran status, marital status or disabilities.