An opportunity has arisen for a committed individual to drive forward the development of the next generation of biological sensor technology for the detection and identification of threats to safeguard and protect urban areas.
Kromek is continually developing CBRNE sensor devices and technologies for early identification of threats.
This biological threat detector project, in collaboration with key partners, will develop game-changing technology and transition through into end products for real-world deployment.
Critical to the success of the project will be ensuring the technology meets the needs of the sponsors, system integrators, and end users; the Biotechnologist will work with all key stakeholders to ensure all needs are met.
Following the discovery and development phase, the successful candidate will manage the technology through field trials and adoption into the security sector. The role will involve some travel, which will be mainly UK based, with some occasional international travel.
- Drive the system performance requirements and own the technical specification.
- Sub-contractor technical management.
- Map end-system specifications & requirements.
- Continually undertake technical risk assessments and qualify design trade-offs on end-system performance.
- Integration of sub-system and MEMS components into a system.
- Provide technical vision for all aspects of the system.
- Evaluate system performance and compile validation master plan.
- Collate and author customer deliverable technical reports.
The successful candidate should have a background in the development and ownership of new technology to meet end-user needs, to budget and timescales.
Essential skills and experience
- The individual should have the drive and self-motivation to facilitate the development and adoption of a game-changing technology
- The ability to take control of a broad project and drive the technology to market introduction
- Will own the technology vision for the system and will work alongside the existing project team with responsibility for delivering the technical results.
- Should be driven and self-motivated to facilitate the development and adoption of a what will be a game-changing
- Proven experience in influencing people with a wide range of technical and operational experience across different sites and organisations.
- A track record of successful delivery of stakeholder expectations.
- Science degree qualified.
- Minimum of five years relevant experience in technology development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Desirable skills and experience
- Over ten years’ experience in technology development projects and product realisation.
- Experience in particulate and aerosol air separation techniques.
- Experience in microfluidics, LOC and/or medical devices.
- Experience in process automation or mechatronics.
- An understanding of proteomics and metagenomics.
- Knowledge of CFD modelling techniques.
- Familiarity with biological standards.
- Experience of working in demanding agile projects.
- A PhD in an appropriate subject.
- Experience of taking a technology through to adoption.
You will be working with some of the best and brightest in the industry where you will be allowed to develop your career to your fullest potential. In addition to the excellent salary and (if needed) a relocation package, Kromek also offers:
- Life Assurance.
- Shareholder Pension Scheme.
- Share Options.
- Private Health Insurance Scheme.
- 25 Days holiday plus statutory days.